According to the National Kidney Foundation, more children are getting overweight today which has increased the number of kidney problems. Kidneys are the filter units of our body and cleanse the body of the metabolic waste. In case of obesity, one can develop various health problems like diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, high cholesterol, cancer, stroke, gallbladder disease, breathing problems and arthritis. These health problems directly lead to kidney disease. “Ayurvedic Child Kidney Failure Treatment, Karma Ayurveda Hospital”.
Kidney failure is the condition when the kidneys slow down or stop properly filtering wastes from the body. It can cause buildups of waste products and toxic substances in the blood. The two types of kidney failure are:
- Acute kidney failure may be due to bacterial infection, injury, shock, heart failure, poisoning or drug overdose. Treatment includes correcting the problem that led to the kidney injury and, in some cases, dialysis. “Ayurvedic Child Kidney Failure Treatment, Karma Ayurveda Hospital”.
- Chronic kidney failure involves a deterioration of kidney function over time. In kids and teens, it can result from acute kidney failure that fails to improve, birth defects, chronic kidney diseases, or chronic severe high blood pressure. If chronic kidney failure is diagnosed early it can be treated. The goal of treatment usually is to slow the decline of kidney function with medication, blood pressure control, and diet. At some point, a kidney transplant may be needed. “Ayurvedic Child Kidney Failure Treatment, Karma Ayurveda Hospital”.
Causes and symptoms
If a child is overweight, there is a greater chance of developing diabetes or high blood pressure. There are many reasons that cause obesity in people such as poor food choice, lack of exercise, inactive lifestyle, family history of weight and genetic disorder. Kidney disease is a slowly progressive disease and the symptoms are only visible in the later stages. Some of the common signs visible in the advanced stages of the kidney problems are:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fatigue and tiredness
- Change in the color of urine
- Swelling of hands, ankles and feet
- Dry and itchy skin
- Pain in abdomen
The kidney function of children declines in such a condition, so to slow down its progression one should take a healthy kidney diet. There are certain points that one should follow in their daily diet:
- One should choose tap or bottled water, mineral or flavored or sparkling water. The specialty water may contain sodium, potassium or phosphate additives.
- Home tea and lemonade is an ideal alternative to water. Bottled or canned beverages are mainly loaded with phosphates so one must limit them. “Ayurvedic Child Kidney Failure Treatment, Karma Ayurveda Hospital”.
- One must consume only fresh poultry products and pork and also less sodium in the diet
- The high protein intake like red meat should be substituted with fresh vegetables.
How can Ayurveda help?
Ayurvedic treatment is highly effective in treating all types of kidney problems. Ayurveda makes use of natural herbs and pre-historic techniques for the treatment. Karma Ayurveda is one of the finest wholesome wellness clinics in Asia. It was established in 1937 and has treated thousands of kidney patients. “Ayurvedic Child Kidney Failure Treatment, Karma Ayurveda Hospital”.