Kidneys are filtering units of the body and dare mainly responsible for the drainage of the waste from the body. The kidneys get wear and tear due to functioning continuously with age, the dysfunction common among people suffering from prolonged high blood pressure or diabetes or both. There are other causes also that can lead to kidney failure, such as polycystic kidney condition, nephrotic syndrome, cancer or tumor, genetic disorder, family history of kidney disease, bladder infection. “Can Dialysis Be Stopped Once Started”.
Overview about dialysis
Dialysis is a procedure that performs the functions of natural kidneys when the kidneys fail. It is a treatment for people in the later stage of chronic kidney disease (kidney failure). This treatment clearly is not a cure but helps patients feel better and live longer. The primary purpose is to rid the body of harmful substances, extra salt and water Maintain a normal level of chemicals such as potassium, sodium and chloride, help control blood pressure. “Can Dialysis Be Stopped Once Started”.
Signs of kidney failure
Therefore, the features of kidney disease can be –
- Excessive work of high blood sugar over the kidney.
- Proper working capabilities failure.
- Kidney disease being slower for treatment.
- Diagnosing later, the result of kidney failure.
- Because of kidney failure, necessities of replacement therapy including dialysis or transplant.
How long can patient exist on dialysis?
If the kidneys fail and the condition reaches to its advanced stage, the patient mostly goes for dialysis treatments for the whole life unless one is able to get a kidney transplant. A life expectancy on dialysis depends on the other medical conditions and the procedure of treatment plan and its effect on the damaged kidneys. The average life expectancy on dialysis is about 5 to 10 years. However, many patients have existed well on dialysis for 20 to 30 years. However, it’s not a treatment and only expands the life of kidneys for certain time period. “Can Dialysis Be Stopped Once Started”.
Kidney diet during dialysis
A healthy kidney diet is necessary for keeping the body of a diseased patient healthy.
- One must monitor the carbohydrate and fat intake as it can result in diabetes. Diabetes is one of the main causes leading to kidney problems
- A patient must keep a check the cholesterol level as its type of a fat. The lowering of cholesterol level can decrease the stress on the kidneys
- Reduce the protein intake. One must avoid red meat, eggs, butter and other dairy products from their diet
- Fresh fruits and vegetables should be included in the daily meals instead of processed food
- Alcohol, caffeine and aerated drinks should be cut down from the diet or taken in limited quantity
How can Ayurvedic treatment help in stopping kidney dialysis?
Ayurveda is an ancient cure for body, mind, and soul which uses natural herbs and pre-historic techniques. The herbs used in the medicines have no side-effects, unlike other allopathic medicines. Karma Ayurveda is one of the well-known treatment centers for kidney problems. They have been treating kidney patients since 1937 with their effective herbal treatment process.