Kidneys are the bean-shaped organs situated at the lower back under your spine. Most of the people are unaware of the fact that they are one of the most important parts of the body performing the function of filtering the wastes and maintaining the healthy fluids in your bodies. They take extra efforts to clear the waste and imbalance created by alcohol.
There may be a few reasons why you are burning with pain in the kidneys after drinking alcohol. And that is exactly what we are going to discuss about throughout the blog.
Other than the management of wastes and fluids; kidneys also perform functions such as balancing the electrolytes. When the kidneys are overburdened with work it starts reacting. Like you guys do when your boss increases the workload.
The area around kidneys becomes sour when you drink alcohol and hence the kidneys retaliate and may because of your pain around your lower back. It may make you feel like stabbed at your lower back.
But how will you know that this is because of alcohol? Try to understand the following symptoms:
- Pain while urinating
- Blood or change of color in urine
- Severe pain at the lower back
If you feel any of the above then you may have this because you are so addicted to alcohol and now is the time you should stop. The damage being done by alcohol is not visible at the onset.
How alcohol is affecting your body? Is it bad or worse?
Well, you will get to know now:
- High Blood Pressure
- Imbalances the Acidic Level
- Risky for Kidney stones patient
What? Never heard of few? There you go:
- High Blood Pressure: If you are on medicines to treat high blood pressure, then sorry to inform you, folks! But consuming alcohol will only help you in increasing the blood pressure.
- Dehydration: When you consume alcohol you need to urinate often and that causes loss of fluids and liquids that land directly to DEHYDRATION.
- Dysfunctioning: Consuming alcohol is not only dangerous to your kidneys but to your liver as well. When liver refuses to filter blood with the excess consumption of alcohol; kidneys have to bump in and play the role for the filtration. Which increases the work pressure of kidneys and hence you will have to bear the consequences.
- Hydronephrosis: When your kidney/s is swollen because of the obstructed urination; be ready to welcome Hydronephrosis. This results in the enlarged pelvic or flank pain in the lower abdomen.
- Imbalances the acidic levels: Kidney helps in regulating the acidic levels which are obstructed by consuming alcohol. The metabolism gets affected and hence it results in increased acidic levels.
- Risky for kidney stones patients: Except for beer; consumption of alcohol is dangerous for the health of kidneys. Beer helps in removing the stones but other types of alcohol help in the formation of more stones.
- Gastritis: Consumption of alcohol makes the abdomen lining swollen and you may feel it too tight or a bit painful or may make feel like inflammable. That sometimes leads you to some embarrassing moments too. What? Yeah, I mean who likes to have a loud fart publically? OK, now be serious. It is not directly related to kidney problems but indirectly it is. The swelling in the abdominal area will affect the functioning of kidneys.
How Ayurvedic Remedy will help you in recovering from kidney pain after drinking alcohol?
Before we tell you about the Ayurvedic remedy for kidney pain after drinking alcohol, ask yourself what will you prefer and why? Will you go for an allopathic or ayurvedic remedy to cure kidney pain after drinking alcohol?
Instant relief, allopathic we suppose. Don’t you? Of course, you will!
But do you know or have you given it thought that how badly, dangerously it is going to put an adverse effect on your red beans? The kidneys!
No, in this rapid life; everyone is busy and running here there for instant relief. But seriously just sit down at a place and think for once: Is it really worth it? Ho, it is going to affect the other parts of the body?
Forget about other parts of the body for once (not forever); kidneys are the first pair of organs that comes in contact with the side effects of allopathic medications.
The chemicals or salts present in the chemical medicines will give you temporary relief and you will feel fine from the outside but you will not notice the disturbed functioning going on in the internal body.
Moving on; here are 7 Ayurvedic remedies for kidney pain after drinking alcohol:
If you are experiencing any of the aforesaid symptoms then try to understand what your body is trying to tell you. Here we will you provide with few Ayurvedic remedies for kidney pain after drinking alcohol. Adapting is your choice but first, have a certified nephrologists’ advice. These are on the basis of a number of patients we have cured at Karma Ayurveda. Oh yes! Karma Ayurveda.
Karma Ayurveda Hospital has been working with Dr. Puneet Dhawan and team to cure the kidney patients with the modern Ayurvedic remedy. It has cured more than 35000 patients till date by Ayurvedic kidney disease treatment and serving everyone with the special & exclusive prescription.
Each body type is different. Not everyone can be treated the same way and that is why we have a different remedy for everyone; based on the level, stages, and pattern of diseases.
7 Ayurvedic Remedy for Kidney Pain After Drinking Alcohol will help you in recovering:
- Drink plenty of water
- Drink cranberry juice
- Drink lemon water
- Avoid alcohol and coffee
- Have foods rich with vitamin C
- Try tulsi (basil) juice
- Eat apples and have apple juices
- Apply heat
- Grape beer (Uva Ursi)
- Celery juice
- Wheatgrass juice
- Apple cider vinegar
- Rajma (kidney beans)
You maybe are aware of a few things from the above like rajma, tulsi, cranberry juice, lemon water, etc. but do you know how much you should take? We can just advice you with the facts based on the reports of our patients. The ultimate decision lies with you and your nephrologist.
- Drink plenty of water: The more the merrier! The more you drink water it will be easier to get the wastes obtained from alcohol will get released from the body in the form of urine.
- Drink lemon water: Lemon water or lemonade helps in removing the stones present in kidneys.
- Drink cranberry juice: It helps in reducing and removing the infections caused due to intake of alcohol.
- Avoid alcohol & coffee: At a point, black coffee is healthy (a cup or two) but coffee with milk id dangerous as it contains high amount phosphorus which should be avoided and alcohol well we are discussing it throughout the blog.
- Eat foods like orange, cranberry, barberry, berries, cucumber, etc. to reduce the phosphate levels
- Gokhuru: Gokhuru syrup helps in reducing the phosphate levels in kidneys.
- Rajma: Kidney beans or rajma in the kitchen recipe that acts as a remedy to cure the kidney pain after drinking alcohol as it contains a high amount of magnesium which helps in reducing the risks of forming of stones and pain caused by alcohol.
How long does the alcohol stay in your body?
Alcohol has a short time span to stay in your body. As in if your blood alcohol level is 40ml/dL, it would take about two hours to get out of your body; depending on your speed metabolism.
The bottom line:
Alcohol is not good in any way. You must avoid having it. It adversely affects the kidneys lungs and other parts of the body. If you still prefer to have it and ready to take risks then just follow one thing; Use Ayurvedic remedy for kidney pain after drinking alcohol.