Acute kidney injury (AKI) is a sudden condition of kidney failure that happens within a few hours or a few days. This situation is caused as a result of a build-up of waste products in the blood and makes it hard for the kidneys to keep the right balance of fluid in the body. Acute kidney disease can also affect other organs such as the brain, heart, and lungs if proper treatment is not taken on time. This is a common occurrence among patients who are in the hospital, in intensive care units, and especially in older adults. “Acute Kidney Disease, Ayurvedic Treatment”
Common signs and symptoms
Acute kidney disease is common and takes certain :
- Decrease in output of the urine from the body
- Swelling in legs, ankles and around the eyes
- Fatigue or tiredness
- Shortness of breath
- Seizures or coma in severe cases
- Chest pain or pressure
- Abdomen and joint pain
- Muscle cramps and twitches
Diagnosis and treatment
The above symptoms can be fatal to the health of the kidneys if ignored for long. An immediate blood-urine and imaging test can confirm the condition followed by treatment. The most common allopathic treatment is dialysis and kidney transplant. However, these treatments can’t cure kidney disease. “Acute Kidney Disease, Ayurvedic Treatment”.
It is necessary to have a healthy diet along with treatment for better recovery. The food we eat directly affects the health of the kidneys. Some of the key points for a right kidney diet are:
- Sodium and added salts should be taken in limited quantity as it is bound to increase the blood pressure
- High protein food like red meat, beans, milk and cheese should be consumed in limited quantity. “Acute Kidney Disease, Ayurvedic Treatment”.
- Packed food should be avoided as they contain phosphorus and potassium
- Fresh fruits and vegetables should be included in the diet
- One must drink abundant amount of water for easy discharge of water
- Alcohol, tea and caffeine should be avoided during such condition
Ayurveda is an ancient science of treating mind, body and soul. According to Ayurveda, any kind of physical ailment originates from the three doshas namely Pitta, Kapha and Vata. A kidney can heal itself on its own with the help of some natural herbs such as Punarnava, Gokshur, Varun and Shirish. These herbs are highly effective in reducing kidney disease symptoms and making it healthy. “Acute Kidney Disease, Ayurvedic Treatment”.
One of the best centers for Ayurvedic kidney treatment in Asia is Karma Ayurveda. It was started in 1937 and since then has been treating kidney and liver patients. It provides completely pure and herbal medicines to its patients. The clinic is headed by Dr. Puneet Dhawan who is an expert Ayurveda practitioner. He rejects any type allopathic cure and only uses natural techniques to treat his patients. Karma Ayurveda has a happy family of millions of cured patients. “Acute Kidney Disease, Ayurvedic Treatment”.