We all know the functioning of the immune system. It helps us in staying healthy and disease-free but what would it be like when this system attacks the body instead of serving it. These types of diseases in which the immune system malfunction and attacks some of the organs and the cells of the body are called autoimmune diseases. The immune begin to recognize them as foreign cells. Reportedly, there are about 80 to 100 diseases caused due to the issue of the immune or autoimmune disease. For curing such issues in an allopathic way, there are certain types of antibiotics that are used but the right and effective treatment can only be attained by the autoimmune disease treatment in Ayurveda. In this blog, we will find out the way in which the treatment is done in Ayurveda.
How does the immune system work?
The immune system is said to be the security system of the human body that continuously works for the prevention and protection against diseases and infections. This function is carried out by discharging a cluster of proteins. They are called antibodies. These antibodies work for the destruction of harmful microorganisms that somehow invades the human body. These antibodies have the tendency to know the difference between normal body cells and harmful microbes or germs. But when the autoimmune disease disturbs the body, the antibodies think of the normal cells as the foreign invading cells. They then attack the cells instead of protecting them and the disease takes place.
There are a number of autoimmune diseases such as IgA nephropathy, systemic lupus erythematosus, type1 diabetes, and many more. However, these diseases can be restored with the help of herbal medicines provided during the process of Ayurvedic treatment of autoimmune disease. The effect of the autoimmune disease can be seen on any part of the human body and symptoms also vary from one disease to another. However, there is a certain autoimmune disease that puts an impact on one organ such as the stomach, joints, and other parts of the body.
What makes the immune system malfunction?
What majorly causes the immune system malfunction, this reason is unknown. However, there are some genetic and environmental determinants that cause autoimmune disease.
- Genetic reasons: Some of the autoimmune diseases runs in the family so we can say that genes are responsible for the issue. It is not always important that all the members of the family develop the same issue but this could make their immune system work wrongly in life in any way. Reportedly, certain ethnic groups are at a high risk of developing autoimmune diseases. In addition to this, women are at a high risk of getting damaged in comparison to that of men. Reports also say that estrogen and progesterone (female reproductive hormones) are responsible for the autoimmunity of the antibodies. The process of autoimmune disease treatment in Ayurveda might help in getting relief from the pain caused by the issue.
- Environmental reasons: There are various environmental reasons responsible for the malfunctioning of the immune system. Some of the responsible environmental reasons are the smoke of tobacco, infectious agents, certain solvents, exposure to the UV rays, heavy metals, being exposed to the industrial material, wrong food, and the western diet. The health guidelines of the process of Ayurvedic treatment of autoimmune disease suggest the restriction of consumption, use, and low exposure to all these causes.
Autoimmune diseases and Ayurveda
As per Ayurveda, the immune system of the human body is called Vyadhikashamatwa. Both the immunity in modern terms and Vyadhikashamatwa in Ayurveda can be easily compared. Vyadhikashamatwa is the combination of two words (Vyadi+Kshamatwa) which means harm and resistance respectively. Moreover, immunity in Ayurveda is also known as Bala which is further classified into three types Sahaja Bala (innate immunity), Yuktikruta Bala (artificial immunity), and Kalaja Bala (acquired immunity). As far as the treatment of autoimmune diseases is concerned, in allopathic, it is said to be incurable and can only be controlled whilst in autoimmune disease treatment in Ayurveda the focus is to rectify the immune system with the means and herbs of Ayurveda.
Treatment of autoimmune diseases in Ayurveda
The autoimmune disease treatment in Ayurveda in inclusive of certain therapeutic herbs and some corrections in the eating habits and lifestyle. The herbs or the herbal medicines of Ayurveda help in making the physical health and mental health strong whilst the alterations continuously rectify the immune system.
- The health of humans depends on the food they eat. The ways in which we eat food and untimely eating may affect the digestive fire which can result in the formation of toxins inside the body and put a wrong impact on the immune system. So, it is important to alter eating habits and diet.
- Another step towards the betterment of the immune system is bringing necessary changes in the lifestyle. Inactivity leads to bad immunity therefore physical activities are very important to cure the immunity.
- One of the important things in Ayurvedic treatment of autoimmune disease is to make psychological changes. When we stay happy our body produces certain hormones that keep the immunity healthy and good. Therefore, try to be happy and calm as much as possible.
- Consumption of herbal medicines on time is also important for the betterment of the immune system.
- Some of the therapies in Ayurveda help in the purification of the body that contributes to better immunity. It also helps in the betterment of vitiated doshas.
- Rasayana treatment is also healthy. It helps in the nourishment of body tissues to work in an optimal way. Moreover, it helps in the prevention of diseases.
Disclaimer:- The purpose of the content on this page is not to substitute any professional medical advice but to only provide information to the reader. If the reader is a kidney patient, we recommend not making any diet or routine changes without consulting his/her doctor or dietitian. For appointments, call at our 24×7 helpline: +91-9871712050 or visit www.karmaayurvedahospital.com