Creatinine is a natural waste substance produced by the body because of the muscle’s metabolism. This chemical waste is excreted out of the body with the help of kidneys and usually stays in the blood and urine. The blood should be pure enough for the body to function at its core capacity but, if it gets toxic with creatinine, it puts an individual at the fringe of kidney damage. Ayurvedic medicine for creatinine is the best alternative to reduce the quantity of creatinine in the blood and urine by improving the functions of the kidneys.
What do the elevated levels signify?
The level of creatinine is an indication of how well kidneys are eliminating waste and toxins out of the body. If the range is quite above the normal for 3 or more continuous tests, it may signal a problem with the kidney.
What are the possible reasons for the elevated levels of serum creatinine?
There are several reasons why your body is spilling creatinine, and these might include:
- Excess consumption of supplements and medications without a prescription from the doctor can spike the level of creatinine
- Hardcore exercise or intense workout also causes creatinine to be produced in a large quantity
- A high creatinine range is also linked to muscle’s weight or mass
- If you have chronic kidney disease, then your chances of having creatinine in the blood increases
- When there is a high creatinine in the blood while low in the urine indicates a problem with the filters of the kidney and you need ayurvedic medicine for creatinine
- The other health conditions that affect glomeruli are increased high blood sugar or blood pressure level, gout, sudden loss of blood, good pasture syndrome, and muscular dystrophy, etc.
Are there any normal ranges of creatinine clearance level?
Yes, but the normal range of creatinine depends upon your age, gender, and muscle mass.
Following are the normal range of creatinine in blood and urine:
- Men: 0.6 to 1.2 mg/Dl
- Women: 0.5 to 1.1 mg/Dl
- Teenager: 0.5 to 1.0 mg/Dl
- Child: 0.3 to 0.7 mg/Dl
- Men: 107 to 139 mL/min
- Women: 87 to 107 mL/min
How to diagnose high creatinine levels?
Your nephrologist will recommend you to get two tests done to know the parameters of creatinine in your body. Following are the tests that he will be recommending you:
- Blood test: A sample of blood will be taken to know how much creatinine is being built up in the blood.
- Urine test: A sample of urine will be taken to know how much creatinine is being released in urine.
To diagnose, how well kidneys are working, your physicians may also check for glomerular filtration rate. It is a type of blood test that includes creatinine along with age, gender, and weight of the patient. A GFR count below 60 for more than three months or above with signs of kidney problems reveals the damage.
How can the elevated creatinine levels be lowered down with Ayurveda?
Yes, Ayurveda is the best alternative to avert the damage to the kidneys which caused creatinine to rise in the blood. There are various herbs out in nature that are used in the Ayurvedic medicine for creatinine to improve the function of the kidney and let you live a healthy life once again.
Some of these herbs are:
- Mutrakrichantak Churna: This ayurvedic extract is a common ingredient to cure any kind of kidney problem. To avert kidney stones, urinary tract infections, and high creatinine in the blood, taking this herb twice daily will surely help kidney patients. The therapeutic benefits of mutrakrichantak churna cannot be belittled as this herb is widely recommended to those undergoing dialysis.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon has an ancient history of medicinal use. For kidney patients, this herb helps reduce the risk of developing chronic kidney disease. This powdered spice can also be taken to regulate the blood sugar level and increase renal filtration capacity.
- Stinging nettle: This herb can help alleviate pain and inflammation that occur because of kidney disease. By increasing urine output, the herb allows the reduction of the high creatinine levels in the blood, treat urinary tract infections, enlarged prostate, gout, anemia and other complications of kidney disease.
- Dandelion roots: Dandelion is a packet full of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. The therapeutically benefits of this root cannot be befitted as it aids to regulate blood pressure, blood sugar level, and cholesterol level thereby improving overall kidney function. Besides, the fiber in dandelion (used in Ayurvedic medicine for creatinine) helps to lower down creatinine levels in the body.
Dietary tips to prevent high creatinine level
Along with using natural ways to treat creatinine, taking preventive dietary tips will also help you with lowering creatinine in the body.
Some of the dietary modifications that will help you improve kidney function are:
- Cut down excess protein from your meals.
- Drink lots and lots of water.
- Stay away from creatinine-based supplements.
- Increased dietary intake as this will help reduce chemical waste called creatinine in the blood.
- Be strict on your ayurvedic medicine for creatinine.
- Drink a limited amount of water (approx: 1 liter – 1.5 liters).
- Make a fixed time for lunch & dinner.
- Don’t consume any raw vegetables.
- Don’t consume any vegetables with seeds.
- Don’t consume milk directly in raw form, boiled form (if, given).
- Remove the peel and seeds of the fruit.
- Boil vegetables properly before cooking.
- Use Rock salt (3-4 gm per day).
- Use olive/mustard/ rice bran oil (1-3 teaspoon per day).
- Use more of steel utensils for cooking.
Ayurvedic medicines for creatinine
Ayurvedic medicine for creatinine works in conjunction with herbal medicines and a renal diet to improve the output of the kidney. By taking herbal medicines for kidney problems, you can rest assure of the complete elimination of the disease from your body. The herbal extracts like Kaasni, Chandraprabha Vati, Dandelion roots are some of the herbs that tend to revive the damaged kidney cells and tissues. Salvia is another empathetically kind natural diuretic available to kidney patients for treating adverse levels of creatinine.
Thus, it can be concluded that ayurvedic medicine for creatinine is a one-in-all solution to enhance your kidney function.
Since 1937, Karma Ayurveda has been offering ayurvedic medicines for kidney-related problems. Led by Doctor Puneet Dhawan, this ayurvedic kidney care unit has helped numerous kidney patients who were on dialysis reduce the dependency on this life-threatening artificial procedure.
If you want to know more about Creatinine treatment in Ayurveda, then consult us!