Kidney cysts or the renal cysts are of two types, first is simple kidney cysts and the second is polycystic kidney cyst. However, they both have tiny blisters on the membrane initially that grows eventually. The former develops because of the inappropriate lifestyle and dietary habits while the latter develop because of inheritance. Apparently, there is a kidney cyst treatment in Ayurveda.
Other than the genetic pattern, kidney cysts define one more difference and that is the time period. A simple kidney cyst develops after the middle age whereas the polycystic kidney cyst develops because of the genetic disorder. The genetic mutation can be diagnosed in the prenatal tests.
The diagnosis is possible only by imaging tests. Once diagnosed, the treatment should be prompt, or else they will become a cause of other kidney diseases. To diagnose such kind of cysts, a doctor can take the help of some below-listed imaging tests.
- Abdominal Ultrasound- This test is conducted for taking the pictures of the internal section of the kidneys for determining the presence of fluid inside the renal cysts.
- CT Scan- This test is used as a complementary test for the ultrasound. The primary aim of the test is to distinguish between the moderate cysts from tumors of the kidneys.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging- As the name indicates, the test uses some magnetic field and radio frequencies to produce clearer images of the internal section of kidneys.
With the help of these laboratory tests, a doctor can confirm the type of cysts you are suffering from. If your tests’ reports are positive and noticing several complications as well, then you need proper treatment timely.
At this phase, you can decrease kidney cyst size by Ayurvedic treatment naturally and safely.
Simple kidney cysts do not have any adverse impact on the kidneys and appear to be the thin translucent balls filled with liquid. But if the condition is not treated then it may get passed through the genes to the biological child.
How to know if there is a problem of kidney cyst?
Generally, kidney cysts are harmless so they don’t show enough symptoms but polycystic kidney cyst describes the symptoms, such as:
- Pain or tenderness
- Pain in the upper abdomen
- Urinary habits
- Blood in the urine
The symptoms may vary in a person if the genetic transfer is influential by making the urine-filled with traces of blood accompanied by protein loss. It will happen in the cases where the cysts have grown and the kidneys are in suppression. The Ayurvedic remedies to shrink kidney cysts are one of the natural methods of healing that we will be discussing next.
Though it is believed that age is a major risk factor, renal cysts causes are still unknown. In the later ages, it’s normal to have kidney cysts in both the kidneys. As age increases, the number of cysts can also increase. These cysts are completely different from the cysts develop in the condition of polycystic kidney disease. Kidney cyst treatment in Ayurveda can shrink cysts slowly and hence make them vanish from the kidneys naturally.
5 Ayurvedic remedies for renal cyst as per the kidney cyst treatment in Ayurveda:
First: Quit drinking and smoking
Be it a problem of kidney cyst or any kidney disease, one common guideline that is issued by an Ayurvedist is to quit smoking and drinking alcohol. Both habits are potent enough to obstruct the functioning of kidneys, hearts, and other associated organs. Smoking & drinking helps the cysts to grow in size and compress the kidney function.
Second: Bring changes to the diet
It is one of the assured methods of kidney cyst treatment in Ayurveda that compasses the functioning of kidneys in a subtle manner and helps to shrink kidney cysts effectively. The guidelines needed to be followed are as follows:
- Reduce the salt, protein, and calcium consumption: These are the basic ingredients that people include in their diets; however, when diagnosed with kidney cyst, it is beneficial to avoid them and allow the renal system to heal.
- Consume fresh fruits and vegetables: The market is flooded with frozen foods and readymade foods that are potent enough to complicate the healing process of kidney shrinkage with Ayurveda.
- Eggs: These yellow and white oval balls have high amounts of potassium and so it is not recommended but egg white can help with the Ayurvedic treatment of kidney cysts.
- Whole grains: Including whole grains to the diet will provide kidneys to recovery rapidly and decreasing the size of the kidney cyst.
Third: Do not involve yourself in strenuous exercises
The kidneys require energy to perform its functions and during the condition of kidney damage, strenuous exercising can be a bad idea. The influence of metabolic wastes would be strong enough to create multiple complications in the healthy functioning of kidneys during the kidney cyst treatment in Ayurveda.
Fourth: Monitor the blood sugar levels and blood flow regularly
Diabetes and high blood pressure (hypertension) have an adverse impact on the functioning of kidneys. Kidney cysts obstruct the exchange of blood as they grow in size. Diabetes increases the potential of cysts to grow rapidly. Make sure that you have both these levels in control to avoid further complications.
Fifth: Schedule an appointment with a Nephrologist/Ayurvedist often
Keeping a tab on your health condition by keeping your healthcare provider in loop will bring drastic changes to the kidneys’ health. It will be easier for an afflicted to surpass the condition timely.
How can kidney cysts complicate the functioning of the entire body?
Generally, they do not create any complication in the body, but when they do, they will have the following complications:
- Cyst bursting
- Infection in the cyst
- High blood pressure
- Obstructed passing of urine
- Defected cells
- Blocked ducts (causing fluid buildup)
Kidney cyst developing at the late ages of life can complicate the functioning in severe ways. However, it may trigger a higher chance of CKD.
Are kidney cysts potent enough to cause cancer?
The answer would be no. Kidney cysts do not play a role in the formation of cancerous cells until they grow or burst. Even if they do, then remember, there is a kidney cyst treatment in Ayurveda that can keep all such complications at bay.
Are Ayurvedic medicines for kidney cysts helpful?
Ayurvedic medicines are one of the safest and side-effect free methods of treating kidney diseases. They work on the root causes that prevent diseases to attack again.