Ayurvedic Medicine for Kidney Disease – Dr. Puneet Dhawan
Kidneys play a vital role in the day to day functioning of the body. They have a significant role in the general health and well being. They are a waste disposal system of the body. According to the National Kidney Foundation, more middle and old age people are getting kidney problems. Usually, most of them are already suffering from diabetes or high blood pressure. If the kidneys stop working, the waste starts building up inside the body and can harm other organs. Ayurvedic medicine for kidney disease is some of the best solutions for preventing any further damage.
Kidney failure causes
The most common causes of kidney failure are high blood pressure and diabetes. Apart from these causes, other reasons for having a failure of your kidneys are:
- Heart attack
- Heart disorder
- Scarring of your liver or chances of having liver failure
- Dehydration or loss of fluid in your body
- Severe burn
- An allergic reaction
- Sepsis that is an acute infection
These causes must be managed on time for the better treatment of this health condition. In some cases, patients have to pay from their life if this health condition is not managed timely.
Symptoms of kidney disease
The signs and symptoms of kidney disease are not visible until the advanced stages. Some of the common signs that are visible in patients during the later stages are:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Swollen hands and feet
- Change in the color of urine
- Dry and itchy skin
- Back and joint pain
- Loss of appetite
- Abnormal weight gain or loss
If the above signs prevail for long, one should opt for Ayurvedic medicine for kidney disease. There are specific diagnostic tests that one should immediately take before confirming the situation.
Diagnosis of kidney failure
There are varieties of tests that can diagnose renal failure. If you see any symptoms, then you have to consult from the best physicians.
- Renal ultrasound – It is an imaging test that uses high-frequency sound waves to check the miss happening with your kidneys. It is the first test to examine the kidney problem.
- Body CT scan – Computed tomography (CT) scans is a type of x-ray that produces multiple images of pictures of the organs of your body. This test will give a broad overview of various cases of kidney failure.
- MR or CT urography – It is used to evaluate the occurrence of blood in your urine. It is mostly performed to identify the problem related to the urinary tract.
- Body magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) – It is an imaging test that uses a magnetic field to produce a detailed picture of your kidneys.
- Renal scintigraphy – During this test, a nuclear medicine examination is done. It provides information about the functioning of both the kidneys.
- Biopsy – In this test, the procedure involves a sample part of your kidney tissue is taken to test for the disease. Generally, it is not suggested by the doctors. Renal biopsy is the last option left for the diagnosis of this disorder.
Treatment of kidney failure
Most people go for allopathic treatments such as dialysis or a kidney transplant. Dialysis is an artificial method of filtering waste products from the blood when kidneys are damaged. Dialysis is done until the kidney starts working or gets transplanted. A kidney transplant is a surgical process of replacing the damaged kidney with the new kidney. However, both of these treatments don’t provide a permanent solution for kidney problems and is not a feasible solution for all.
On the other hand, Ayurvedic medicine for kidney damage is the best solution for patients. Along with the Ayurvedic medicines, one also needs to follow a proper kidney diet. The kidneys are vulnerable and weak during kidney disease, and so the food directly affects the kidneys. The right food can protect the kidneys and also control the disease like diabetes and blood pressure. There are specific points that one should keep in mind, such as:
- High protein food items should be limited to smaller quantities
- Sodium content in the meal should be avoided
- Fresh fruits and vegetables should be included in the diet
- Processed food and aerated drinks should be avoided
- Food items rich in potassium, phosphorus, and sodium should be restricted
- Always think twice while consuming fluid, but you should avoid soda as much as you can.
A healthy lifestyle, along with Ayurvedic medicine for kidney failure, can prove to be very useful. Ayurveda is a natural cure for all kinds of physical ailments. There are some common herbs like Punarnava, Varun, Kaasni, Gokshur, Shirish, and Shigeru that are extensively used in the medicines. These herbs are pure and completely free of any side-effects.