With the changing lifestyle of the people, there has been an inevitable hike in the number of chronic kidney patients. Unhealthy habits are the primary reasons that can affect other supportive systems of the body, along with the kidneys. Since your kidneys are quite essential for the body, there comes the need to preserve their lost function off the chance they become diseased.
The role of your kidneys
Kidney damage is a condition in which your kidneys become insufficient to perform their natural functions fluently. You might be aware of the tasks of your healthy kidneys. If not, then the following are the significant functions of your kidneys.
- Regulates blood pressure level
- Eliminates toxins and waste from your blood
- Production of your urine
- Maintains fluid and electrolyte level
- Production of hormones that help your body in the generation of red blood cells
The filters of the kidneys, which are the nephrons and the glomeruli, work to make sure that the waste remains separated from the blood. These filters are millions in the count and can clean your blood for the transmutation to various organs.
However, when these filters get damaged, there may be chances of the accumulation of toxins because of the dysfunction of your kidneys. If the damage done to your kidneys is very severe, then your kidneys may stop working entirely, and you may be advised to go for dialysis or kidney transplant surgery as a permanent treatment of this condition.
On the other hand, kidney disease can also be cured with the help of Ayurvedic kidney disease treatment. This line of treatment has been proven helpful in keeping your kidneys healthy and functional.
What are the possible causes of kidney damage?
Kidney damage is the unhealthy state of your kidneys in which the damaged blood vessels also affect the other organs gradually over time. There could be a number of reasons why this happens. Nevertheless, untreated damage to the kidneys has the capacity to stage into advanced stages. So, it is critical to take the help of Kidney failure Ayurvedic treatment as the treatment pays attention to the underlying causes of kidney damage. These may include:
• Diabetes – It is one of the most prominent reasons for renal disease. It can damage the nephrons present inside the kidneys. Diabetes can be controlled easily by taking some precautionary steps or taking the help of Ayurveda.
• High blood pressure – Following diabetes, high blood pressure, or hypertension is the second leading cause of renal failure. Hypertension can damage the small blood vessels in your kidneys and can force them to work more with pressure in order to pump the blood.
• Excess consumption of antibiotics – If you consume too many painkillers or antibiotics, then it can increase put stress on your kidneys. Several such medicines include NSAIDs , analgesics, etc
• Being overweight – The risk of having high blood pressure or cardiovascular disorder increases with a spike in weight. These disorders are also responsible for damaging the kidneys.
• Smoking – Your kidneys may get severely impacted by smoking or the intake of nicotine. Smoking also slows down the blood flow to your heart, lungs, and kidneys.
• Holding urine for a prolonged time – Most of the individuals can hold urine for a long time, though it is a bad practice. In most cases, this becomes one of the most common reasons why the kidneys function get affected and, sometimes, the stored urine in your bladder cab back flow to your kidneys.
• Dehydration – When you don’t drink enough water required by your body, then your kidneys are more expose to the dehydration. Ideally, you should consume 8 to 10 glasses of water each day.
Apart from these conditions, other diseases can affect your kidneys such as lupus, some genetic conditions like polycystic kidney disease, urinary tract infections, nephrotic syndrome, unhealthy eating habits, etc. can also affect the kidneys function.
Symptoms of renal damage
When you are in perpetually late stages of kidney disease, the waste, and extra fluid buildup in your body may cause the following symptoms to appear in the body:
- Dry or itchy skin
- Muscle cramps, especially at night
- Loss of appetite
- Sleep disturbance
- Frequent change in your urine output
- Abdominal pain
- Back pain
- Pain while urinating
- Swelling in your feet and ankles
Ayurvedic kidney disease treatment is the best and the safest way to reduce the symptoms and complications that may arise with toxin build-up in the body.
Diagnosis of kidney damage
There are some routine tests that your doctor may suggest to figure out the stage and the cause of kidney disease. These may include checking for the blood pressure and blood sugar levels as both these conditions can severely affect your kidney function.
Other tests that your doctor may suggest you to screen for include:
- Blood tests – It measures the level of waste products such as creatinine and urea in your blood.
- Urine tests – This test may reveal how well your kidneys are working.
- Imaging tests – It uses ultrasound radiation to know the kidney’s actual size and structure of your kidneys.
- Kidney biopsy – Kidney biopsy is done with the help of a sample of the kidney tissue that may reveal the abnormality with your kidneys.
If the above-mentioned tests show kidney function being unhealthy, then it is high time you should get started with the Kidney failure Ayurvedic treatment.
How Is Ayurvedic treatment helpful in improving kidney function?
Ayurveda is the oldest and the holistic science of healing ailments without involving any surgery or allopathic medicines. Ayurveda consists of the use of herbs like Kaasni, Shirish, Punarnava, Gokshur, and Mutrakrichantak Churna that are popularly used in the treatment of kidney disorders. Ayurvedic medicines work on removing that level of toxins naturally from your kidneys and help them to work as they usually do for your body.
Ayurveda believes that any disease arises when the respective channels of the organ become malfunctioned. In the case of the kidneys, the channels that are involved in the healthy kidney function are the mutravaha srotas. The channels of the kidneys are held accountable for the transmission of the fluid in and out of the kidneys. On the obstruction of the channels, the kidneys find it hard to pass urine to and fro from the kidneys. This blockage in the urine elimination process can make the kidneys lose their function leading to permanent failure.
The ayurvedic medicines at the time of kidney damage work to influence the working of the channels by detoxifying them. Thus, there is no way Ayurveda can be harmful for everyone as it involves no surgery.
Prevention from kidney problems
Along with ayurvedic medications, the ayurvedic practitioners will always suggest some preventive measures to slow down the risk of the kidney problem. These may include.
• Maintain a healthy weight – Try to reduce your body weight if you are obese. You can involve yourself in some of the weight-reducing activities and reduce your calories.
• Don’t smoke – Smoking can be dangerous for your kidneys, heart, and lungs. If you are a habitual smoker, then you can join some centers to get rid of this unhealthy habit.
• Avoid over the counter medications – Excess consumption of antibiotics can also have an adverse impact on your kidneys.
• Achieve your blood pressure and blood sugar goals – If you have high blood pressure or blood sugar as one of the main reasons for having kidney damage, then it is necessary to reduce their numbers.
Disclaimer:- The purpose of the content on this page is not to substitute any professional medical advice but to only provide information to the reader. If the reader is a kidney patient, we recommend not making any diet or routine changes without consulting his/her doctor or dietitian. For appointments, call at our 24×7 helpline: +91-9871712050 or visit www.karmaayurvedahospital.com