We all must know the feeling of dizziness, who doesn’t feel dizzy at times? Dizziness is a word that covers a varied range of sensations such as unsteadiness, faint feeling, feeling weak, woozy, or spinning. Moreover, this feeling of dizziness has got a name called vertigo if you feel that the surrounding is spinning continuously. In much simpler terms we can say that if you feel that you are going to faint or the surrounding is spinning or you are feeling weak and unsteady then you are suffering from dizziness. We can call these sensations as the signs of this problem. Specifically dizziness is not a disease and is not at all fatal or lethal but it is a sign that indicates various major health issues such as kidney failure. There are various symptoms to it, many causes, and various preventive tips and Ayurvedic treatment for dizziness that we will study in this blog.
What causes dizziness?
There is a long list of factors that can result in dizziness but all these factors can be soothed with the help of Ayurvedic treatment for dizziness. Some of the very renowned factors that cause dizziness are migraine headaches, issues in the point of the ear where the regulation of balance takes place, and benign positional vertigo. Benign positional vertigo is harmless and often occurs when a person suddenly changes his or her position from one to another. Moreover, the list of causes of dizziness also includes depletion in the volume of the blood, fluid buildup in the ear, acoustic neuroma- a type of tumor that is benign in nature which is formed from the nerves that join brain and inner ear together. In such a time, Ayurvedic treatment for dizziness can be a great help to alter all the loss. The list of causes of dizziness doesn’t end here but also includes factors like inflammation of labyrinth, low level of blood sugar, any external or internal bleeding, low blood pressure, heart disease, hypovolemic shock, ear infections, dehydration, anemia, diabetes, brain tumors, neck injury, peptic ulcers, pregnancy, diabetic neuropathy, cold, flu, and many other things.
How it can be prevented?
According to preventive tips suggested in the Ayurvedic treatment for dizziness, one can do the following things:
- Keep the body hydrated and drink at least 8 glasses of freshwater in a day.
- Try to exercise daily in order to keep yourself healthy and fit.
- You can make use of a walker when you see your balance missing.
- Whenever you feel dizzy, do not push yourself and sit or lie down as soon as possible.
- Make use of handrails to go up and down.
- Do your activities slowly and try to avoid as many sudden movements as you can.
- The doctors of Ayurvedic treatment for dizziness also suggest not driving when you feel dizzy or lose your balance.
- You are advised to stay away from caffeine, junk foods, tobacco, and alcohol.
- In order to avoid dizziness you should also eat healthy food comprehensive of fresh fruits and vegetables along with lean protein.
- Avoid drug abuse specially the medicine that triggers you and causes dizziness.
- Try not to raise your arms up your head when you rest and neither tilt your head backward for a longer time.
- Do not wear slippery and high heeled shoes.
- Ayurvedic treatment for dizziness also suggests sleeping without pillows for better circulation of blood to the brain.
- Take good care of cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Do eye exercises.
- In a situation of dizziness try to breathe slowly.
- Practice relaxation techniques for stress and anxiety control.
Do’s and dont’s of dizziness
In order to take good care of yourself there are a number of things in context to diet and lifestyle that you should do and should not do says the experts of Ayurvedic treatment for dizziness.
Hunger can make you feel dizzy so you should eat something. Moreover, low blood sugar level in case of diabetes also adds to dizziness so try to eat something good and healthy.
- Take care of salt and sugar content.
- Drink a lot of water and eat healthy and fresh food.
- Drink organic and fresh juice.
- Eat a good amount of salad.
- Make a habit of drinking herbal tea.
- Eat food rich in proteins and vitamins.
- Every day, consume the juice of celery.
- Exercise daily.
- Eat brown rice, vegetables, wholegrain, and legumes.
- Do not let the buildup happen in-ear so limit salt consumption.
- Do not drink any caffeinated drinks such as tea and coffee. Also, avoid chocolates and fried items.
- Do not eat food rich in cholesterol such as red meat and dairy products.
- Do not eat very oily food.
- Do not eat food that has a high amount of sugar in it. Also, avoid the consumption of sweets.
- Do not smoke or drink.
So, these were some of the tips of Ayurvedic treatment for dizziness that can help you to prevent the condition prior. Moreover, along with this you can also do some head massage in case you feel dizzy. Water therapy also works in such a condition. One can drink a full glass of cold water (iced) when it feels dizzy. One can also put some cold water over the head and back of the neck, doing this soothes the sensation.
Disclaimer:- The purpose of the content on this page is not to substitute any professional medical advice but to only provide information to the reader. If the reader is a kidney patient, we recommend not making any diet or routine changes without consulting his/her doctor or dietitian. For appointments, call at our 24×7 helpline: +91-9871712050 or visit www.karmaayurvedahospital.com