Do you know how heart and Kidney, these two organs are related, and if one amongst them falls ill, the one other is automatically is likely to get affected? Heart diseases, which we also call as cardiovascular diseases, are caused when there are some problems or disorders in your heart or your blood vessels. Heart diseases involve a few conditions that signify an unhealthy heart like;-
- Narrowed or blocked blood vessels. In this condition, you have a huge possibility of getting a heart attack, stroke, and severe chest pain.
- Atherosclerosis – It is a condition that is caused by a buildup of plaque in the arteries, vessels that bring blood to the heart. This condition is further categorized into three; – CAD- Coronary artery disease, CHD- coronary heart disease, and PAD- Peripheral Artery disease.
- The third one is the condition where your heart muscles, valves, heartbeat gets affected.
- And you will be surprised to know that heart disease is the most common cause of death in dialysis patients.
- One of the most common effects of heart diseases is hypertension and poorly controlled blood pressure. When your heart is unhealthy or diseased, it works hard to pump your blood, and it increases the pressure of blood circulation in your body. Moreover, it put pressure on the arteries of your blood vessels. It elevates the risk of you getting heart attacks or strokes.
- High blood pressure is one of the most major birth-giving factors of kidney disease. In case you have not watched our previous videos yet, and want to know about the factors that increase the risk of kidney diseases, you can go to the description area of this video where you will find the link to our previous videos.
Heart diseases can cause multiple health disorders in your body, and your kidneys are at massive risk in heart diseases. (Read below: Ayurvedic treatment for heart and kidney health)
How can renal complications lead to cardiovascular issues?
Your kidneys are responsible for filtering your blood and maintain overall fluid balance. They regulate and filter minerals from blood. One of the primary functions of kidneys is to remove out waste materials from food, drugs, and toxic substances. They create hormones that are essential to sustain your well-being.
When your Kidney starts losing their functional abilities, gradually or all of a sudden, you are diagnosed with kidney disease. Kidney diseases can be many types like- chronic kidney disease, polycystic kidney disease, acute failure, albuminuria, etc.
Contact Karma Ayurveda Hospital now, and know-how each one of them affects your Kidney and your overall health. (Also, click the above link to know about Ayurvedic treatment for kidney disease.)
As your Kidneys, filter your blood and regulates blood circulation afterward. Moreover, your blood vessels get weak in kidney disease that brings blood to the kidneys, just like in heart disease. High blood pressure and many other complications, especially heart-related problems, are prevalent in kidney disease problems.
Your heart and your Kidney work closely together and neighbor with regular exchanges. When one suffers, things can go wrong in the other. Heart diseases can transpire CKD, and CKD can also develop heart diseases, either of them can develop the other one.
When you have cardiovascular issues (heart disease), your heart may start unusually pumping blood. Even blood can accumulate in your heart. It gets built in the chief vein associated with the kidneys. This buildup may lead to an obstruction and a reduced supply of oxygen-rich blood to the organs. It can lead to kidney disease.
When your kidneys dysfunction, the hormone system, which is responsible for regulating blood pressure, has to work diligently to increase blood supply to the kidneys. When this happens, your heart has to pump harder, which can lead to cardiovascular issues.
How to maintain heart health?
A few points you need to keep in mind if you are kidney disease patients and want to keep your heart healthy.
- You should try to control your blood sugar if you have diabetes
- Follow a heart-healthy diet
- Exercise and yoga that stimulates your heart
- Control your blood pressure if you have high blood pressure
- Balance levels of calcium and phosphorus in your body
- Manage high cholesterol
- Quit smoking, if you smoke
Similarly, kidney diseases can cause various complications that you need to prevent and take care of to protect yourself from getting heart diseases like Anemia, High blood pressure, unbalanced calcium, and phosphorus levels. Most importantly, you need to keep your blood sugar levels in control.
The role of Ayurvedic treatment for heart and kidney health
To maintain the right amount of hemoglobin and keep adequate blood pressure, you must exercise and adopt a healthy lifestyle. Yoga is the key to control blood circulation, whereas a renal diet can help you to protect you from anemia and unbalanced levels of potassium and phosphorus in your body. And to control blood sugar levels, you should strictly follow a proper diet and keep performing physical activities that ensure your good health.
In recent decades, Ayurvedic traditions have been scrutinized and developed further. This study has proved to be more effective in curing diseases than modern science. Ayurveda has the potential to heal and aid all sorts of health disorders with a healthy lifestyle and healthy eating patterns.
Ayurvedic herbs are not only useful but also, they do not have any side-effects. Ayurvedic traditions of life can lead you towards a better and healthy standard of living. Healthy living is a step to a healthy and prosperous life. Ayurveda can benefit even patients on dialysis or at the last stage.