World Health Organization (WHO) has made a list in which they have made the 10th revision of the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD). It is a medical list in which diseases are classified with certain codes. These codes depict signs, symptoms, diseases, external causes of any injury or disease, social reasons, and abnormal reasons behind any disease. In this list, IgA Nephropathy falls under XIV N00-N99 diseases of the genitourinary system category. Therefore, in this blog, you will find IgA nephropathy written as IgA nephropathy ICD 10. Moreover, in this blog, we will read about the cure for IgA nephropathy in Ayurveda.
IgA nephropathy and its causes
IgA nephropathy is a type of kidney disease that occurs due to the accumulation of an antibody called immunoglobulin A (IgA). It causes inflammation in the kidneys that affects the ability of kidneys to perform its basic function. This disease grows with years in a person but the course of the disease can differ from one person to another. Moreover, the complication of this condition also varies in everybody. Some people may experience blood leakage in urine without the development of any problem whereas some people eventually get end-stage kidney failure. Allopathy says that there is no treatment available for this disease, only certain medications are there that can slow its progression and course. It is significant to keep the blood pressure down to a desired level and reduce the level of cholesterol so that the disease could be slowed down.
Immunoglobulin A (IgA) attacks pathogens that enter the body and fight against the infections it causes. Despite helping the body, in IgA nephropathy ICD 10 this antibody sits down in the glomeruli and harm the kidneys. Mentioned below are said to be the associated reasons for IgA nephropathy ICD 10 as there are no exact causes known behind this disease by the researchers. IgA nephropathy treatment in Ayurveda fights all the underlying causes to eliminate this disease from the core.
- Liver diseases- There are many diseases in the liver that can cause IgA nephropathy in humans. These are cirrhosis, infection of chronic hepatitis B and C.
- Genes- IgA nephropathy can be genetic. It is very common in few ethnic groups and some families.
- Infections – Infections caused due to some bacteria and viruses can cause IgA nephropathy. HIV is one such infection.
- Celiac disease- This is a gluten-sensitive condition that affects the immune and somehow leads to IgA nephropathy ICD 10.
Hematuria and proteinuria are two major and common symptoms of IgA nephropathy ICD 10. Moreover, there are many complications associated with this condition.
IgA nephropathy ICD 10 tests and treatment
As mentioned earlier, according to allopathy IgA nephropathy has no treatment. However, some medicines can be used for slowing down the progression of this disease. Many tests help to acknowledge the condition of IgA nephropathy. Initially, symptoms help to understand the condition and later certain tests are done to understand the reasons behind these symptoms and provide a person with proper medicines and treatment.
- Glomerular filtration rate (GFR) – A blood test can tell the well-being of the kidneys.
- Kidney biopsy – This test requires a small piece of the kidneys, which is kept under the microscope and tested. The results will tell that if the glomerulus has an IgA antibody or not.
- Urine test – This will help to find out the presence of protein and blood in the urine.
- Blood test – This will tell the protein level, waste in blood, and cholesterol.
All these tests also help in finding a cure for IgA nephropathy in Ayurveda.
Now, let us discuss the efforts made for the treatment of IgA nephropathy. These efforts could only slow down the kidney damage process.
- Diet change
- Immunosuppressive drugs
- Use of steroids
- Supplements made up of fish oil
- ACE inhibitors and ARBs
Moving forward to IgA nephropathy Ayurvedic treatment we will study the herbs and other changes. Let us read.
Ayurveda and IgA nephropathy ICD 10
IgA nephropathy Ayurvedic treatment is inclusive of herbs, shrubs, change in routine, and dietary changes. The herbs of Ayurveda are qualitative and rich with major medicinal characters that trigger the underlying causes of the disease and pay its whole attention towards making the disease vanish from the cellular level. In addition, these herbs have the potential to rejuvenate and restore all the damages caused to the cells of the kidneys. Herbs such as Punarnava, Gokshura, Kaasni, Salvia, Dudhai, Palash, Chicory, chamomile, ginseng, Guduchi, Triphala, Varuna, etc are said to be good IgA nephropathy ICD 10 Ayurvedic treatment.
Moreover, taking care of kidneys with physical activity is also as significant as any other factor. A person should avoid doing vigorous exercises and do yoga and meditation instead. This will benefit the inner and outer body. Majorly a good renal diet is important for the treatment of IgA nephropathy ICD 10 Ayurvedic treatment. Given below is the diet plan that a person can follow while suffering from the disease. Food is indeed the source of energy but sometimes excess of food may cause many problems to the body. A renal friendly diet that patients take during IgA nephropathy ICD 10 focuses majorly on balancing the level of blood pressure and body cholesterol. A good diet during this time ensures that the patient is taking the required healthy and vital nutrients from the food.
- Sodium intake should be less in the patients. Numerous diseases can be the result of high sodium in the body such as heart disease, fluid retention, and diabetes. An intake of around 1500 mg of sodium is sufficient for the body.
- Excess of fat in the body increases the level of cholesterol that can badly affect the blood pressure. In order to slow down the progression of IgA nephropathy, it is important to monitor the amount of saturated fat and cholesterol in the food. Anyone suffering from IgA nephropathy should consume only 2000 calories a day otherwise; one may develop problems like heart attack and diabetes. One can eat healthy fruits and vegetables.
- Fish has protein in it but it is also rich in omega 3s and omega 6s that can be very beneficial for the person suffering from IgA nephropathy. Moreover, omega 3s and omega 6s helps in organ growth and alongside take care of the kidneys by repairing the damage that has been done to it. These fatty acids complement the IgA nephropathy treatment in Ayurveda. Therefore, add omega 3s rich food to your diet.
- Protein is an important nutrient for body development and the formation of RBC in the body. However, excess protein can be harmful to the kidneys, which are already ill. Anyone suffering from IgA nephropathy is advised to take less than six servings of protein a day.
In order to withstand IgA nephropathy, a person should follow all the directions associated with the diet and lifestyle.
Disclaimer:- The purpose of the content on this page is not to substitute any professional medical advice but to only provide information to the reader. If the reader is a kidney patient, we recommend not making any diet or routine changes without consulting his/her doctor or dietitian. For appointments, call at our 24×7 helpline: +91-9871712050 or visit www.karmaayurvedahospital.com