How Ayurveda Can Help You to Treat Kidney Disease
Ayurveda, an ancient form of medicine, is gaining popularity in medical circles due to its emphasis on natural herbs. A kidney’s ability to cleanse itself is remarkable. It’s shaped like a bean and sits in the back of the abdomen. The kidneys filter the blood for pollutants and waste, and they work with other body organs to increase RBC production. It is necessary for the generation of vitamin D and regulates blood pressure. To keep the kidneys healthy, drink enough of water and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. When the kidneys are cleansed on a regular basis, the bladder and urine tract function better.
Kidney treatment in Ayurveda recommends treatment for renal disorders at the following levels:
- Ahara (diet) – Ayurveda emphasises a light diet to assist the kidneys digest waste items more easily; hence nutrition is critical in the therapeutic process.
- Vihara (style of life) – A healthy way of life that prioritises physical activity and a clean environment.
- Aushadha (medicines) – Ayurvedic medicines made from natural herbs are used to treat chronic kidney disorders like kidney cysts, kidney stones, creatinine, and PKD. These drugs are better at addressing hormonal imbalances and healing the body.
Pranayama, Anulom vilom, and other kidney-curing exercises are also emphasised in Yoga-Ayurveda. Breathing, meditation, and Pranayama are all effective strategies to revitalise the soul, reduce muscular and kidney edoema, and dissolve kidney stones.
Kidney Diseases: Causes and Symptoms-
- Discomfort in the upper and lower back.
- Itchy skin and dark urine are two of the most common symptoms.
- Excessive fatigue and tension, as well as sleeplessness and mood swings.
- Skin rashes, bloating, and weight gain are all common side effects.
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs), as well as other symptoms like frequent urination.
- Kidney disease is caused by a lack of water consumption, irregular diets, and huge amounts of processed food, sugar, salts, and even frequent prescription use.
In Ayurveda, there are various Ayurvedic Herbal Remedies for Kidney Treatment —
A number of diets and natural herbs can be used to treat kidney illness. Staying hydrated by drinking plenty of water is the most crucial thing you can do to keep your kidneys healthy. If you have renal disease, you should avoid foods that include seeds because they take longer to digest.
Some herbal remedies that will help to detoxify the kidneys are:
- Parsley is a natural herb that helps to cleanse the kidneys. It removes bacteria and germs from the kidneys.
- Celery aids in the removal of toxins, resulting in good urine. The vital nutrients not only aid in the stimulation of the kidneys but also in the prevention of kidney stones and infections.
- Ginger is a digestive aid that also detoxifies the kidneys and liver.
- Turmeric has powerful cleansing properties that aid in kidney and blood purification. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which aid in the prevention of kidney infections and inflammation.
- Red Sandalwood is beneficial in the treatment of infections and the enhancement of renal function.
A Healthy Kidney Patient’s Diet-
One of the most important aspects of Ayurvedic healing is a healthy diet and frequent exercise. Some meals to keep your kidneys healthy are listed below. Kidney superfoods are a term that has been used to describe them.
- Apple is high in fibre and anti-inflammatory, lowering cholesterol, relieving constipation, protecting against disease, and maintaining renal health.
- Onions are good for kidney health because they have a low potassium content. Additionally, it contains chromium, a mineral that aids in fat and protein digestion.
- Blueberries—Blueberries contain anthocyanins, Vitamin C, and fibre, which help to reduce inflammation.
Garlic decreases inflammation and lowers cholesterol, making it a good treatment for chronic kidney disease. It has antioxidants also.
- Cabbage is high in Vitamins K and C, fibre, Vitamin B6, and folic acid, but low in potassium, which is beneficial to the kidneys.
Based on the foregoing, we can conclude that Kidney treatment in Ayurveda is a successful treatment for renal disease. The foundation of the treatment is the concept that the body demands a healthy diet, regular exercise, and drugs. And the good news is that Ayurveda effectively regulates all of these factors, allowing a kidney disease patient to heal for the rest of his or her life.