This is a well-known fact that the other name of India is “diabetes capital of the world.” Wondering why? Because over a population of 50 million people in India is diabetic. This is a huge challenge the nation is facing for many years. Diabetes stands for the elevated level of glucose or sugar in the blood. Also, it is one of two major reasons for kidney failure. Another is high blood pressure. We now know that over 50 million people in the nation are at the risk of getting kidney failure or any disease associated with the organ. There are two causes that can result in a condition of diabetes. The first cause is the inability of the body to produce insulin while another cause is the inability of our body to respond to the insulin already produced and present inside the body. Insulin is a source of energy that is produced by the body once the breakdown of insulin is done. Majorly diabetes can be classified into two parts type 1 and type 2. It is very significant that the condition of diabetes should be prevented so that any further complications can be halted too. For this, one can attain some incredible help from the diabetes treatment in Ayurveda. Allopathic method of treatment says that diabetes cannot be cured completely and permanently but in Ayurveda, the condition can be altered.
Ayurveda and diabetes
In Ayurveda, diabetes is better known with the name of ‘madhumey.’ As per the guidelines of Ayurveda the condition can be prevented by abstaining from eating an excess of sweetness and simple carbohydrates. Moreover, one should include green and leafy things in their diet. Many times, bitter things like aloe-vera help in the betterment of the condition. According to Ayurveda, the human body has three fundamental doshas called Vata, Pitta, and Kapha that are needed to be in the right balance for the attainment of good health by the humans. When the functioning of the digestive fire decrease then it results in the high level of sugar in the blood. Diabetes treatment in Ayurveda is inclusive of some methods and therapies that help in the alleviation of sugar level from the blood and makes a human free from the trap of diabetes. Let us discuss some of the methods of Ayurvedic treatment for diabetes so that the risk of getting kidney disease can also be reduced or prevented.
Ayurvedic tips for the management of diabetes
The untimely fluctuation of the sugar in the blood can be managed with the help of some Ayurvedic tips and the right diet. A good diet to fight diabetes helps in the betterment of the condition by 50% and supports life for good. Ascending the use of turmeric is said to be one tested method for the reduction of sugar level from the blood. Moreover, the guidelines of diabetes treatment in Ayurveda says that consumption of fenugreek water early in the morning and the consumption of fenugreek sprouts help a lot in the management of diabetes. Given below are some other ways in which sugar level from the blood can be alleviated.
- One should contain water in the vessel of copper and then consume it. It helps in obtaining a good balance among the three doshas of the body, say Ayurvedic practitioners of Ayurvedic treatment for diabetes.
- Bitter is better for health when you are suffering from diabetes. One should load the body with bitter ingredients for the management of sugar level. It is a way to contradict the impact of sweetness on the blood. Amla is said to be an effective fruit to lessen the amount of sugar from the blood.
- According to Ayurveda, both types of diabetes are the result of vitiation in the Vata dosha. Therefore, it is prominent to eat food that is less in fat so that the condition can be brought under control. Ginger tea is said to be highly beneficial for those suffering from diabetes. It stimulates digestion and also helps in balancing the vitiation in dosha.
- Diabetes treatment in Ayurveda suggests the use of spices like turmeric, coriander, asafoetida, cinnamon, and mustard as they have anti-diabetic quality.
Moreover, it is important for you to consult a right Ayurvedic nephrologist if you want to practice these things for your diabetes. This blog is for information purposes only.
Home remedies for diabetes management
Given below are some of the home remedies that help in the Ayurvedic treatment for diabetes.
- First is the use of cinnamon. It is packed with the bioactive compound that helps the body to fight against diabetes. It helps in the stimulation of insulin and regulates the level of sugar in the blood. Overuse of the cinnamon can damage the liver. Therefore, be cautious.
- Vitamin C is a good treatment for diabetes. As per the guidelines of diabetes treatment in Ayurveda, in order to see some significant alleviation in the blood sugar level, one should consume an approx. of 600 milligrams of vitamin C. If your diabetes is persistent or chronic, you can consume vitamin C rich food items such as orange, amla, blueberries, etc.
- Maintain a good weight and do exercise daily. Being overweight is one of the reasons that promote type 2 diabetes.
So, these were certain widely known and majorly accepted tips and ways that are known to bring the level of blood sugar on a good and moderate level. Practicing these things daily can completely flag off the issue of diabetes. Ayurveda is an unconventional method of treatment with a solution to everything allopathic treatment has no answer for.
Disclaimer:- The purpose of the content on this page is not to substitute any professional medical advice but to only provide information to the reader. If the reader is a kidney patient, we recommend not making any diet or routine changes without consulting his/her doctor or dietitian. For appointments, call at our 24×7 helpline: +91-9871712050 or visit www.karmaayurvedahospital.com