Cure for IgA Nephropathy in Ayurveda
Although small and underrated compared to other vital organs in the human body, we all know that kidneys play an essential role in preventing infections and maintaining a healthy fluid balance every day. Primarily, the kidneys filter blood to eliminate toxins and wastes through urine. This function is performed with the help of a tissue known as Glomeruli present in the kidneys. This tissue separates waste and other contaminants from the blood.
To prevent infection during the blood filtration procedure, the immune system produces an antibody known as immunoglobulin A (IgA). On the one hand, IgA helps prevent infections. On another, in some people, it can get logged in the glomeruli. This unusual accumulation of IgA in the kidneys is known as IgA nephropathy.
Over time, IgA nephropathy’s logging can result in inflammation, pressuring the kidney damaging the abilities.
The exact reason behind IgA nephropathy is still unknown. According to studies, genetic and environmental factors can increase a person’s likelihood of developing this disease. It can be diagnosed in anyone, but males are more prone to it. Other risk factors are liver disease, celiac disease, HIV, and certain bacterial infections.
In the initial stages, there are no tell-tale warning signs of IgA nephropathy, letting the disease grow unnoticing for years. Though, changes in the urine appearance are a common symptom reported. An increase of blood and protein in the urine can also be seen during IgA nephropathy. Additional symptoms include-
- Pain along the side of your back below your ribs
- Swelling in the hands and feet
- Elevated blood pressure
It is vital to be noted that the presence of blood or protein is not only because of IgA nephropathy. Due to strenuous exercise, over-consumption of certain foods or medicines, infection in the urinary tract, or other medical issues. If you notice any of the signs mentioned, rush to your nearest doctor to precisely identify the disorder. The health expert may perform certain medical and laboratory tests to confirm an IgA nephropathy diagnosis.
How to diagnose IgA nephropathy?
If you feel that you may have a severe disease like IgA nephropathy, then you must first identify the symptoms mentioned above in your body and understand them. Once the symptoms are identified, you can confirm it with the help of the following tests:
- Urine test: It helps find the amount of protein and blood in your urine.
- Blood test: A blood test will help find the level of protein, cholesterol, and waste in your blood.
- Glomerular filtration rate (GFR): A blood test is conducted to determine how well the waste materials are being filtered from your body.
- Kidney biopsy: In this test, a small piece of your kidney tissue is removed with a special needle and viewed under a microscope. A kidney biopsy can show if you have a specific protein type that helps your body fight infection, called IgA antibodies in the glomerulus.
What complications can occur in IgA nephropathy?
The damage incurred by IgA nephropathy can cause the following serious complications:
- High blood pressure:- It is a condition wherein the blood pressure is higher against the walls of the arteries.
- Acute kidney failure:- sudden loss of the functioning of kidneys
- Chronic kidney failure:- kidneys have been unhealthy for a long time and now have been caught by diseases
- Nephrotic syndrome:- a nexus of symptoms that designate kidney damage; Symptoms include Albuminuria, protein deficiency in the blood, and high blood cholesterol levels
- Cardiovascular disorders:- They include heart and blood vessels associated with diseases.
How is IgA nephropathy treated?
Researches are still trying to find a specific cure for IgA nephropathy. However, you can get rid of this severe disease easily by taking an Ayurvedic treatment that incorporates:
- Remedies and natural techniques to control blood pressure and averting the progression of kidney disease,
- Removal of excess fluid from the patient’s blood,
- Improving the patient’s immune system,
- and maintaining an apt blood cholesterol level
IgA nephropathy Ayurvedic Treatment
Ayurveda can recover the failed kidney. Compared to allopathic treatment, any disease can be eradicated forever with Ayurvedic treatment, provided that patients follow the medicines and abstinence proper. Ayurvedic medicines may take time to eradicate the disease, but they eliminate the disease from the roots and destroy the chances of emerging again in the future. When treating IgA nephropathy by Ayurvedic treatment, complex treatments such as dialysis do not resort to it. Dialysis is an artificial function of blood purification; it is used during allopathic treatment. While in Ayurvedic treatment, the kidneys are made healthy by using a few unique herbs, out of which are:
Gokhru is the best Ayurvedic medicine to keep the kidney healthy. This drug is not only beneficial for the kidneys, but it is also beneficial in many other diseases. Gokhru Taseer is very hot, so it is advisable to use it in winter. Gokhru leaves, fruits, and stems are used in all three forms; its fruits are covered with thorns. Gokhru is nothing less than a boon for the kidneys.
Varuna tree is very beneficial for the kidney patient. With this, we get rid of many diseases related to the kidney, as well, as the possibility of getting kidney-related diseases in the future is over. It protects against diseases like stones, diabetes, and blood disorders.
The scientific name of Punarnava is Borhavia Diffuser. This drug helps in purifying the blood. During kidney failure, she is not able to purify the blood.
If a person has a kidney infection, he/she starts urinating frequently. Besides, the patient starts burning urine, smelling urine, and has to face blood coming in the urine. Gorakhmundi has proved to be very useful in getting rid of this problem.
Disclaimer: The purpose of the content on this page is not to substitute any professional medical advice but to only provide information to the reader. If the reader is a kidney patient, we recommend not making any diet or routine changes without consulting his/her doctor or dietitian. For appointments, call at our 24×7 helpline: +91-9871712050 or visit www.karmaayurvedahospital.com