What is IgA nephropathy?
Healthy kidneys play a huge role in developing our body mentally and physically. Kidneys help in maintaining the balance of fluids in the body. They are responsible for sifting the wastes out and the formation of cells to produce energy in the body. But when the kidneys are being ignored despite giving the indications of unhealthy functioning, severe diseases can attack the kidneys. One such disease is IgA Nephropathy. Today, we will discuss the Ayurvedic medicine and treatment for IgA nephropathy.
The kidneys eliminate waste products and toxins from the human body and they maintain the balance of alkali and alum. If the kidneys do not maintain the balance of alkali and alum in the body, the body can be attacked by the several viruses & bacteria causing kidney diseases. Once caught by kidney diseases, it would be difficult to get rid of. There are diseases that can damage the kidneys extensively; one such disease includes IgA nephropathy disease.
IgA (Immunoglobulin A) nephropathy, also known as Berger’s disease occurs when IgA accumulates in the kidney, causing inflammation that damages the kidney tissues. IgA is an antibody that is produced by the immune system. It is a type of protein that protects our body from external substances such as bacteria and viruses. People suffering from IgA nephropathy are advised to seek an Ayurvedic treatment from a certified nephrologist.
How does IgA nephropathy affect the kidneys?
IgA nephropathy affects the kidneys by attacking the Glomeruli(s). Glomeruli are the small working units of the kidney that filter waste products and remove excess fluid from the blood. A continued or sudden increase of IgA causes inflammation and damage to the Glomeruli, causing kidneys to leak blood and proteins into the urine. This damage grows over a prolonged period that can ultimately lead to IgA nephropathy, chronic kidney disease or end-stage renal disease (ESRD). In other words; the kidneys will no longer work well enough to keep a person healthy. When a person’s kidney fails, he/she may look up to the dialysis or allopathic medications, but if the patient chooses Ayurvedic treatment for IgA nephropathy, there is no need for dialysis or other artificial methods.
How common is IgA nephropathy and who is more likely to get caught by this disease?
IgA nephropathy is a kidney disease, majorly caused by diabetes and hypertension. IgA nephropathy can occur at any age, although, the first symptom of kidney disease appears most often when people are at its advanced stages. IgA nephropathy is likely to appear more in men than in women. Among people worldwide, IgA nephropathy is more common in Asians and Caucasians.
Causes of IgA Nephropathy
There’s always a reason behind any disease. Similarly, the following reasons are believed to cause IgA nephropathy:
- Liver disease
- Celiac disease
- Dermatitis Herpestiformis
- Bacterial infection
- Kidney inflammation
What are the symptoms of IgA nephropathy?
Troubles don’t come without any reason, there always a reason behind every disease hitting you. In the same way, before any disease attacks your body completely, your organs start to indicate their health conditions. IgA nephropathy also shows many symptoms in the body before attacking completely. By understanding these signs & symptoms, you can identify this serious disease, which is as follows:
- Swelling of hands and feet (Oedema)
- High blood pressure
- Sudden swelling in any part of the body without any reason
- Reduced hair growth
- Blood in the urine
- Kidney inflammation
- Skin changes or small painful ulcers on the fingers or toes
- Reduced output of urine
- Disturbed sleep
- Dry skin
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Pale or dark complexion
- Muscle cramps
It is nothing like that all these symptoms appear in every patient, different symptoms can be seen in a different patient; out of which kidney inflammation can only be known by examination.
How to diagnose IgA nephropathy?
If you feel that you may have a serious disease like IgA nephropathy, then you must first identify the symptoms mentioned above in your body and understand them. Once the symptoms are identified, you can confirm it with the help of the following tests:
- Urine test: A urine test will help find protein and blood in your urine.
- Blood test: A blood test will help find the level of protein, cholesterol, and waste in your blood.
- Glomerular filtration rate (GFR): A blood test will be done to find out how well the waste materials are being filtered from your body.
- Kidney biopsy: In this test, a small piece of your kidney tissues is removed with a special needle, and viewed under a microscope. A kidney biopsy can show if you have a certain type of protein that helps your body fight infection, called IgA antibodies in the glomerulus.
What complications can occur in IgA nephropathy?
The damage incurred by can cause the following serious complications:
- High blood pressure
- Acute kidney failure – sudden loss of the functioning of kidneys
- Chronic kidney failure – kidneys have been unhealthy for a long time and now have been caught by diseases
- Nephrotic syndrome — a collection of symptoms that indicate kidney damage; Symptoms include Albuminuria, lack of protein in the blood and high blood cholesterol levels.
- Heart or cardiovascular problems
How is IgA nephropathy treated?
Researchers have not yet found a specific cure for IgA nephropathy. But, you can get rid of this serious disease easily by taking an Ayurvedic treatment from Karma Ayurveda Hospital that incorporates:
- Remedies and natural techniques to control blood pressure and averting the progression of kidney disease,
- Removal of excess fluid from the patient’s blood,
- Improving the patient’s immune system,
- and maintaining an apt blood cholesterol level
Ayurvedic Treatment for IgA nephropathy:
The failed kidney can be recovered by Ayurveda. Compared to allopathic treatment, any type of disease can be eradicated forever with Ayurvedic treatment, provided that patients follow the medicines as well as abstinence properly. Ayurvedic medicines may take time to eradicate the disease, but they eliminate the disease from the roots and destroy the chances of emerging again in the future. When treating IgA nephropathy by Ayurvedic treatment, complex treatments such as dialysis have not resorted to it. Dialysis is an artificial function of blood purification; it is used during allopathic treatment. While in Ayurvedic treatment, the kidneys are made healthy by using a few special herbs, out of which are:
- Gokhru is the best Ayurvedic medicine to keep the kidney healthy. This drug is not only beneficial for the kidneys, but it is also beneficial in many other diseases. Gokhru Taseer is very hot, so it is advisable to use it in winter. Gokhru leaves, fruits, and stems are used in all three forms; its fruits are covered with thorns. Gokhru is nothing less than a boon for the kidneys.
- Varuna tree is very beneficial for the kidney patient. With this, we get rid of many diseases related to the kidney, as well as the possibility of getting kidney-related diseases in the future is over. It protects against diseases like stones, diabetes, and blood disorders.
- The scientific name of Punarnava is Borhavia Diffusea. This drug helps in purifying the blood. During kidney failure, she is not able to purify the blood.
- If a person has a kidney infection, he/she starts urinating frequently. Besides, the patient starts burning urine, smelling urine and has to face the problem of blood coming in the urine. Gorakhmundi has proved to be very effective to get rid of this problem.
Ayurvedic treatment of kidney failure by Karma Ayurveda Hospital: –
At Karma Ayurveda Hospital, we cure this disease by using Ayurvedic medicines for IgA nephropathy only. Karma Ayurveda has been freeing people from kidney disease since 1937. Karma Ayurveda Hospital has given new lives to the patients who once lost all the hopes of living a kidney disease-free life. Karma Ayurveda Hospital treats kidney failure with the help of ancient Indian Ayurveda with modern practices.