What is Yoga?
Yoga is a word that has originated from the Sanskrit word Yuj, which means join. Yoga is a former practice that connects your mind, body, and soul. It is essential to do Yoga to ensure our mental and physical well-being. Yoga for kidney problems is a traditional way to cure this deadly disease.
How does Kidney Work?
The kidney is a pair of bean-shaped organs. Its work is to filter blood, remove waste from the body, and maintain body fluids. If blood stops flowing in the kidney, it can lead to kidney failure. There are various chronic kidney diseases whose symptoms are non-common. Symptoms vary accordingly. Some are urinating more, sleeping disorders, nausea, high blood pressure, etc.
Related: Yoga and your Kidneys Healthy
Reasons for kidney diseases—
- High Blood Pressure (read more about high blood pressure)
- Regular kidney infection (read more about kidney infection)
- Diabetes Type-1 and 2 (read more about diabetes)
- Polycystic Kidney Disorder (read more about polycystic)
- Inflammation of kidney’s filtering unit known as Glomerulonephritis
Yoga For Kidney Disease:
Kidney problems are so common nowadays that every person we meet suffers from other kidney diseases. So here comes Yoga for kidneys; Yoga can be a special treatment for patients suffering from kidney problems. As Yoga looks after a person’s overall health and helps make it better. It can also reduce the risk of kidney cancer. We can also say that Yoga for kidney patients works no less than magic.
Exercising Yoga regularly with a proper lifestyle, balanced diet, and enough liquid intake reduces the risk of kidney damage in the later years. Actively participating in yoga asanas for 25 to 30 minutes per day can extensively enhance kidney health.
Related: Yoga to curb depression
Some amazing yoga asanas for better kidney health are—
- Bhujangasana: In this asana, we have to lie down on the floor with our face towards the ground; elbows should touch the hips. Inhale, uplift the upper body, bend backward and balance. Keep this position for 20 seconds, exhale, and return to the initial position.
- Setu Bandhasana: Inhale, uplift your body, roll your shoulders, try to touch your chin to chest, and your thighs should be parallel. This asana helps in encouraging your kidney’s wellness.
- Paschimottanasana: In this asana, you have to bend forward with your hips without grabbing your feet. The head should rest on a cushion. This is a bit difficult to perform for people who have a problem bending their backs. So they should be cautious while performing.
- Naukasana: You have to lie down on your back in this asana. You should inhale deeply and exhale slowly as you have to lift your legs and chest. You have to keep your arms stretched. As only your seat will be on the ground, you will look like a boat.
These are some asanas people should exercise to keep their kidneys healthy and disease-free. And not only kidneys, but these asanas also have many other benefits, which will keep your entire body overall health.
Diet And Nutrition For Kidney Disease:
So till now, we have learned how exercising Yoga can help us keep our kidneys healthy and disease-free. Now let’s know how diet and nutrition can help us with our kidney problems and yoga asanas. Along with proper exercise, you also need to keep what you are eating in mind. If you have Kidney disorders, you should have a dietician make you a full diet plan, mentioning what all you can eat and what you have to avoid in your meal plan. Kidney patients should eat fresh food. They should eat food with less salt and sodium. Proteins that they are adding to their diets should be of the right type and quantity. Kidney patients should choose the food which is good for their hearts. They should select drinks and food which are less in phosphorus. Potassium should be in the right quantity. Luckily many delicious foods are less in potassium and phosphorus.
Yoga originated in India and has proven to be of great importance for any individual. Various studies have shown that Yoga has cured a very wide range of health problems like chronic kidney disease. It has also helped in improving physical and mental health. It relaxes the mind and brings calmness to the body. There is nothing that Yoga can’t cure. It is the ultimate medicine for every disease only if it is an everyday practice. So everyone should do Yoga regularly to maintain their health and life.