Treating Nephrotic Syndrome with Ayurveda
People have generalized Nephrotic Syndrome as kidney disease; however, it is not a disease but a collection of symptoms that arise when there is any damage to the kidney. This condition includes high blood lipids, protein in the urine, inflammation, weight gain, fatigue, foaming in urine, and low levels of albumin. There are many complications associated with this Syndrome, such as high blood pressure, infection, and blood clots. Reasons responsible for the condition include several kidney diseases such as minimal change disease, focal segment Glomerulosclerosis, and membranous nephropathy. However, there are complications such as lupus and diabetes that compound the condition. Some notable damage is to the Glomeruli part of the kidney. Diagnosis can be made with the help of urine tests and kidney biopsy. The condition of Nephrotic Syndrome affects 5 out of millions of people. However, the reasons for the condition differ in adults and children. The results of the best Nephrotic Syndrome Ayurvedic medicines in Delhi, India, have shown the drastic effects in reversing the damage and have freed people from the agonies and distraught.
How to define Nephrotic Syndrome?
Nephrotic Syndrome is an amalgamation of symptoms that affect the functioning units of the kidneys (Glomeruli). Swelling in the lower body is the most common symptom that we may popularly know as Edema.
What is Nephrotic Syndrome’s Pathophysiology?
Commonly known as diseases, Nephrotic Syndrome is a disorder that damages the blood vessels of the kidneys, and hence the Syndrome marks its presence in kidneys.
What are the symptoms of Nephrotic Syndrome?
The condition of Nephrotic Syndrome comes into notice by the hefty amount of protein in urea, Edema, hyperlipidemia, and hypoalbuminemia. The best Nephrotic Syndrome Ayurvedic treatment in Delhi, India defines these symptoms as follows:
- Proteinuria, greater than the range of 3.5 g /24 h /1.73 m2.
- Lipid loss in urine or lipiduria.
- Hypoalbuminemia, lower than 2.5 g/dL.
- Thrombophilia is the predeposition that results in blood clotting.
- Hyperlipidemia, which is an elevated amount of lipids in the blood.
- Edema that generally begins with the lower parts of the body and eyelids.
- Other noticeable signs of Nephrotic Syndrome.
- Excess fluid in the body.
Is there any specific cause of concern to be aware of the conditions leading to Nephrotic Syndrome?
Nephrotic syndrome Ayurveda treatment defines that kidneys are the sifting units of the human body. Each kidney carries little blood vessels called Glomerulus. These filtering units are responsible for the transportation of filtered blood back to the heart lying underneath the human chest.
But when the situation gets effected by the damaged Glomerulus, you can say that there might be the presence of disorder in the human system named Nephrotic Syndrome.
Few causes are highly responsible for the severe loss to the kidneys that are stated below:
- FSGS or Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis: This is the Glomerulus situation, where these units are traumatized by the genetic defect or some other reasons that are yet to be known.
- Membranous glomerulonephritis: This is the condition where the filtering units of kidneys get thicken, maybe because of the supporting diseases like hepatitis B, malaria, and cancer.
- Little changes of diseases: This is a disease that is hardly recognizable even under a microscope. The researchers are still finding the exact reason behind it as it is becoming a cause of Nephrotic Syndrome.
- Blockage in blood vessels of kidneys: This can be because there might be blood clots in the kidneys that are not letting the blood pass through.
- Diabetes: This is the common cause of concern in any kidney disease. When the body stops producing insulin, the uncontrolled blood sugar levels damage the kidneys’ blood vessels.
- Lupus: It is the disease that causes inflammation in different parts and organs of the body, including kidneys. It is an autoimmune disease and the biggest threat to kidneys.
- Build up of a specific protein type: This is a rare disease that happens when there is a presence of protein-type amyloid in excess amounts lying in kidneys resulting in kidney damage.
- Overconsumption of drugs and narcotics and steroids.
Nephrotic Syndrome is commonly found in children, but that doesn’t imply adults are safe from the effects. The best Ayurvedic treatment for Nephrotic Syndrome works on the underlying causes. As kids and children have a sensitive and growing body, choosing the Ayurvedic medicines for Nephrotic Syndrome would do wonders.
What is the condition of Nephrotic Syndrome in children?
Nephrotic Syndrome is the drastic change and disaster in the kidneys’ Glomerulus, the filtering units. It is yet to be discovered that this does happen, what the exact cause of this disease is. There are few supporting causes mentioned above responsible for Nephrotic Syndrome. The symptoms that can make a bit difference in children are as follows:
- Pale fingernails.
- Dull hair.
- Intolerance of food.
- Food allergies.
What are the conditions and complications that need to be taken care of?
The loss happening due to a constantly decreasing rate of protein in your body can bring a lot of complications along. Subsequent information provided is about the complications that a Nephrotic syndrome patient may get caught by:
- Clotting: Adequate amounts of proteins help prevent blood clots, but when a situation like this Syndrome occurs, there are increased risks of having blood clots.
- High cholesterol levels: When the blood purification is interrupted by the damaged Glomerulus in kidneys, the dangers of cholesterol releasing in the blood get higher that leads to multiple complications related to the heart.
- High blood pressure: The waste and toxins increase in the blood when the kidneys are damaged, because of which the blood put an extra effort to transport from kidneys to heart. This scenario leads to the problem of high blood pressure.
- Sudden weight loss: Even if you don’t compromise on your diet, loss of protein can make you lose a lot of weight and will make you look malnutrition.
- Reduced count of RBCs: When the kidneys are damaged, not only the waste and protein leaks from the body, other essential nutrients, and components. As the counts of red blood cells decreases, there are increased chances of getting caught by Anemia.
Is Nephrotic Syndrome curable?
It is said that there is no cure for Nephrotic Syndrome. But they who say so have not met with the authenticity of Ayurvedic treatment yet.
- Ayurvedic treatment is the only treatment that enables even the failed kidneys.
- Ayurvedic treatment is inclusive of dietary and lifestyle changes that help in recovering from the disorder swiftly.
According to Ayurveda, diseases are incited by the improper dietary habits a person carries. And as discussed above, loss of protein in blood and body leads to Nephrotic Syndrome. So, here it becomes essential to keep an excellent protein-rich diet in your eating rituals. Following are the foods that are recommended to eat during the Ayurvedic treatment of Nephrotic Syndrome:
- Tuna fish
- Peanut butter
- Watermelon (without seeds)
- Tomatoes (without seeds)
- Boiled potatoes
- Boiled rice
- Whole grains
- Cottage cheese
Foods those are restricted according to an Ayurvedic diet chart for this Syndrome:
- Processed cheeses
- High-sodium meats (bologna, ham, bacon, sausage, hot dogs)
- Frozen foods
- Canned foods
- Pickled vegetables
- Salted potato chips, popcorn, and nuts
- Salted bread
Guidelines that should be considered while consuming foods and beverages during the Ayurvedic treatment of Nephrotic Syndrome:
- Watch out your protein intake: A Nephrotic syndrome patient can only consume up to 1 gram per kg of protein in a day. If your nephrologist is recommending more or less than this, follow his advice. He knows the current status of your body.
- Reduce the intake of sodium: The limit of sodium intake during the day is 400mg per meal. Also, replace common salts with rock salts. Rock salts have a low percentage of sodium comparatively.
- Consume homemade food: Start preparing your food at home and use oils like olive & coconut oil.
Ayurvedic treatment for Nephrotic syndrome in Delhi, India manages the daily activities in such a way that it helps in keeping you fit with exercises, yoga, and meditation. Following are the lifestyle changes that are recommended in an Ayurvedic treatment:
- Get up one hour before the sunrise. Take a bath.
- Practice yoga poses like Pranayam, cobra pose, monkey pose, and wind relieving pose.
- Perform mild exercises, just like stretching and bending.
- Don’t perform tasks that include weight lifting and a lot of strength.
- Avoid the consumption of painkillers and anti-biotic.
- Avoid consuming alcohol; this will damage the condition of kidneys even more.
- Quit smoking already, the smoke that enters the human body blocks the blood vessels and lead to certain medical conditions.