Kidney infection: information that can save your life!
Health-related issues have become commonplace in our everyday lives as the modern lifestyle has badly blown our physical and mental health from roots. There are more than one reasons and conditions that are responsible for creating an imbalance in our physical and mental health, such as- ingestion of unhealthy foods, lack of physical activity, tangled sleeping pattern, and stress that induced us towards many health-related problems and kidney infection is on the top of that list. Yes, you have read that, right!
The approximate prevalence of people suffering from kidney infection in India is around 800 million.
Moreover, it is numbering expeditiously.
Keep on reading to gather some essential insights that will work as ammunition in your war against kidney infection. Let us take a look to introduce you to the term “Kidney infection,” its symptoms and consequences that are of grave importance.
What is a kidney infection?
Kidney infection can also be termed as a urinary tract infection that occurs when the bacteria enters your body but hybridizes and reaches the other vital parts of the urinary system. Kidney infection is curable and can be cured with routine medications, but it can also turn quite painful, and a sufferer may bear immense pain during urination. Hence, you should go with reliable medications if you wish for a healthy recovery.
Here are some takeaways for kidney infection-
- Your fist-sized kidneys’ primary role is to expel waste products from your body, and after getting afflicted by a kidney infection, your kidneys lose the capability to carry forward that function.
- People often misinterpret kidney pain with back pain.
- A kidney infection can also infect your bladder simultaneously.
What is the urinary tract?
The urinary tract is a natural blood-purifying machine that is responsible for the removal of waste product from our body via urine through multiple ways-
- The kidneys- The fist-sized shaped organs that play a crucial role in urine creation.
- The ureters- It is a small tube by which urine travels from the kidneys to the bladder. Later, it is flushed out through the bladder via urine.
- The bladder- The bladder is a urine tank that holds the urine inside until it is eliminated.
- The urethra- These tubes are used to expel urine from the bladder to the outside of the body.
The following image shows the structure of the Urinary Tract in a human body-
Who are at higher risk of a kidney infection?
Women, especially pregnant women, are at higher risk of getting afflicted by kidney infection as they have a shorter urethra that is too close to the vagina and anus. With a shorter urethra that bacteria can easily travel down to the bladder and the kidneys. Children of 2 years or more than 60 years are more prone to having kidney disease. Furthermore, in men, it is rare but deadly. Researchers noted that there would be only 3 or 4 men in every 10,000 afflicted by an infection.
What are the symptoms of kidney infection?
Kidney infection does not show any apparent signs or symptoms at an early stage. However, you may experience some internal indications or signs that tell you to seek immediate medical help. However, do not make symptoms as a remark of calling for help. Prevention is better at an early stage. Rest here are some of the clear signs that show your kidneys are infected-
- Abdominal pain
- Frequent urination
- The foul and robust smell while passing urine
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blood in urine
- Feeling burning sensation and pain during urination
- Cloudy and yellowish urine
- Frequent urges of urination
If you experience more than one of the following symptoms, then get your lab reports as soon as possible to prevent the threat on time.
What are the consequences of kidney infection?
Kidney infection is curable but can also be life-threatening if overlooked or not treated n time. There are two types of kidney infections that are:
- Uncomplicated kidney infection- The patient is physically fit and may not have and serious complications.
- Complicated kidney infection- The patient may be afflicted by severe complications such as chronic damage to the kidneys. If such infections are not cured timely, you may develop comorbidities, such as-
- Blood poisoning- This is also known as sepsis, which is a devastating condition. It occurs when the bacteria from your kidneys enters the bloodstream and transmutes to the entire body. This can create a condition of life and death.
- Emphysematous pyelonephritis- During this condition, the kidneys’ tissues get destroyed very quickly. The bacteria release the gas inside the organs that result in fever, vomiting, and pain.
What are the factors that can make you prone to have a kidney infection?
There are more than one factors that increase your chances of getting afflicted by a kidney infection. Some of them include the following-
- Being female- Due to the nearness of the urethra to the vagina and anus, it becomes easy for a bacterium to enter the bladder and impairs the urinary system’s functioning.
- Having urinary tract blockage could be due to a kidney stone or an infection between the urinary tract that prevents urine from getting out of your body. Also, this problem can occur when your bladder loses the ability to empty the bladder while urinating.
- Having a weakened immune system- This weakness can occur due to a medical condition such as HIV or diabetes. These medical conditions require constant ingestion of drugs to keep them normal.
- Having chronic damage to nerves around your bladder- This could occur due to the damage caused to your nerve or spinal cord that blocks the sensations of a bladder infection and keeps you unaware about this problem.
Prevent kidney infection with Ayurvedic medicines
It is better to have ayurvedic treatment rather than taking allopathic medicines. Ayurveda strictly condemned the administration and consumption of chemical drugs and steroids that are a deadly complex of more than one harmful chemical. These harmful chemicals indeed give instant relief and foster recovery, but that does not last long. Whereas in Ayurveda, the main aim is to detect and cure the primary drivers of the problem that cultivates deadly symptoms. Ayurveda is just another form of medication that aims to cure people naturally. The ayurvedic herbs have no side effects because they are made of natural herbs that are thoroughly examined, and lab tested before taking into use.
Disclaimer: Kidney infection is a progressive condition that needs to be controlled in time. We recommend opting for Ayurveda for the genuine revival of the capabilities. If you are already pursuing a treatment, we strictly advise you not to make any changes in your schedule or diet without consulting your doctor or dietitian. For appointments, call at our 24×7 helpline: +91-9871712050 or visit www.karmaayurvedahospital.com