Kidney infection is usually caused by bacteria. This infection affects the entire urinary system and kidneys. This infection often begins by infecting the urinary system and bladder. A kidney infection is a serious situation that needs adequate treatment. The infection starts as a UTI and bladder infection that later spreads in kidneys. This is known as Pyelonephritis in medical science.
Pyelonephritis affects the excretory system and organs associated with it. It can create a blockage in the passing of urine, weakens the immune system and develops the complexity in diseases like diabetes and hypertension.
The kidney is the most important part of our body; it keeps our body healthy by doing more than 500 works in our body. Kidney gets infected due to many problems like excessive intake of salty, sweet, excess consumption of medicines and dehydration. Any organ infection is a serious problem. But when it comes to kidney infection, it becomes even more serious. Kidney infection is a painful and unpleasant disease, it is considered very difficult to get rid of. If you do not get rid of this problem in time, then you can face some serious consequences like kidney failure.
Kidney infection occurs when bacteria pass through the bladder into one or both kidneys due to urinary infection or due to some other reason. There is a risk of kidney infection even when urine passes into the kidney. This disease requires immediate treatment, even a slight delay can lead to serious kidney-related consequences.
What are the causes of kidney infection?
Kidney infection occurs when bacteria enter the kidney through the urinary tract or anus (ANAL). There is a bacterium called E. coli that is present in the human body right from birth; but when the body gets from the external sources, it affects the urinary and excretory system leading to a kidney infection.
This bacterium coming from out of the body is strong enough to give you a heart attack or paralysis attack if left untreated. It starts affecting the urinary and excretory system and gradually affects kidneys and then heart. It should be treated on a prior basis.
Kidney infections are more likely to occur in women than in men. The length of the uterus of women is shorter than men. Hence it is easier for a woman to get caught by the bacterium E. coli.
What are the other reasons behind kidney infection?
There is also a risk of kidney infection due to wrong eating habits. The kidney may get infected due to the following eating habits:
• Consuming excessive amounts of salt:
There is a lot of sodium in salt. Whenever we add excessive salt to food, the kidneys it becomes difficult for kidneys to get it out of the body. This puts pressure on the kidneys and the kidneys may get infected.
• Excess intake of caffeine:
Tea and coffee contain caffeine. It is an Indian habit to consume tea almost every 2 hours. But the trend has a little bit different in the millennial; they consume coffee more than tea. But how much should be consumed is the key to stay away from the kidney infection. Excess of caffeine can be one of the reasons for kidney infections.
• Excess in the consumption of painkillers:
If you have been taking painkillers for a long time, then this can put pressure on the kidneys and the kidneys may face problems in purifying the blood. This can also be one of the reasons for kidney infection.
• Ignoring Cold or Flu:
You should perform physical activities in a limited amount when you have been caught by cold or flu. Too much exertion can put a bad impact on kidneys. You should give complete rest to your body when you are diseased. If you don’t give your body the rest it needs then it may land you with one more problem of kidney infection.
What are the symptoms of kidney infection?
Kidney infection is quick in giving the symptoms. It can be said that it indicates faster than the symptoms of kidney infection:
- Severe pain in the lower back
- Pain around thighs and clitoris
- High fever with cold
- Feeling lethargic
- Feeling tired without working
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach upset, indigestion
- Pain during urination
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Frequent urination
- Less urination in case of heavy urination.
- Smelling urine
- Abdominal pain (around the kidney)
- Lower abdominal pain
- Bleeding in urine
- Pus in the urine
- Foamy urination
Though these are the common symptoms when it comes to children, the symptoms may differ and they are as follows:
- Lost the appetite to eat food
- Frequent vomiting
- Lack of energy, tired of playing less
- Unbearable abdominal pain
- Decreased growth rate
- Urine bleeding
- Pale eye colour and puffiness around eyes
- Smell in urine
- Urinating in bed
Seek for an ayurvedic treatment right away you observe the symptoms mentioned above.
What are the things to keep in mind during kidney infection?
Are you struggling with the problem of kidney infection, then just keep these things in your mind and you will be sorted:
- Urinate as much as you can
- Urinate soon after having sex. The sooner you urinate after intercourse, the better. This reduces the risk of getting bacteria.
- Cleanse the organs after urination and bowel movement
- Do not use deo and perfumes around the genital and pelvic areas, they may cause urinary infection.
- Clean the toilet properly, pay special attention to cleaning around you
Home remedy for kidney infection:
Remember! There is always a cure for every disease in Ayurveda. If you or someone is struggling with a serious problem like a kidney infection, then you can get rid of this problem by adopting the following home remedies or Ayurvedic remedies:
- Drink plenty of water, juice, buttermilk. Consuming more drinks will increase the amount of urine and bacteria will come out with urine.
- Eat yoghurt, it keeps a balance between good and bad bacteria in your kidney.
- Drink lemon water, it gives relief in pain caused by infection.
- With the advice of a doctor, drink half a teaspoon of baking soda mixing it in a glass of water. It not only helps in eradicating kidney infection but also it is free from being.
- Use turmeric in your food.
- Drink apple cider vinegar or you can also consume an apple. If you are consuming apple cider vinegar, consume it twice a day.
- Use garlic in food. You can take garlic as raw or pickle.
- Use ginger. You can add it to tea and food.
- You can consume two teaspoons of Aloe Vera juice every morning on an empty stomach.
How to diagnose kidney infection?
If you can identify the symptoms mentioned above, then you can confirm kidney infection in the following way –
- Urine check after blood in the urine
- Detection of urine culture to see the type of bacteria
- Dimercapsoscinic acid (DMSA) scintigraphy
- Digital rectal test (for men)
- CT scan
- Wading cystourethrogram
Ayurvedic treatment of kidney failure by Karma Ayurveda Hospital:
With the help of Ayurveda, one can easily get rid of the fatal disease of kidney infection. Ayurveda has the power to eliminate this infection forever. However, allopathic medicines provide relief for a short period from a kidney infection. But in Ayurveda, the kidney infection is eradicated forever. With the help of Ayurveda, diagnosis of a fatal disease like kidney infection can be found. Today, Karma Ayurveda Hospital is successfully treating serious diseases like kidney infections with the help of ancient Ayurveda.
Karma Ayurveda Hospital has been treating kidney patients since 1937. Karma Ayurveda Hospital was founded in the year 1937 by the Dhawan family. Presently, Dr Puneet Dhawan is handling the Karma Ayurveda Hospital. Dr Puneet Dhawan has treated kidney disease patients not only in India but around the world through Ayurveda. Natural herbs are used in Ayurveda. Due to which there are no side effects in our body. Also, Dr Puneet Dhawan has freed more than 35 thousand kidney patients from disease. Karma Ayurveda Hospital is treating kidney failure completely with the help of ancient Indian Ayurveda without dialysis or a kidney transplant.
At Karma Ayurveda Hospital we use dietary and lifestyle change to combat the kidney infection:
Common dietary changes we suggest the kidney patients are:
To be taken by the infected person:
- Roasted vermicelli
- Wheat Dalia/porridge/broken wheat
- Green pumpkin
- Raw papaya
- Bottle gourd
- Ridge gourd
- Round gourd
- Pointed gourd
- Whole wheat chapatti/pita bread
- Fresh fruits like apple, pear, papaya, guava (without seeds), cranberry, blueberry, and blackberry (50 to 100 gram per day).
- Lactose-free biscuits/sugar-free biscuits/ wheat-based biscuits/ Marie gold biscuits
- Cumin, turmeric, coriander powder, onion, green chillies (without seeds), asafetida, and carom seeds.
- Double toned milk/skim milk (50ml for a day)
- Herbal tea/normal tea (1/2 cup a day)
Common foods that are not recommended for the infected person:
- Refined flour
- Gram flour
- Oily food
- Fried food
- Baked food
- Processed food
- Frozen food
- Citrus fruits
- Plantain and banana
- Dry fruits
- Spicy food
- Green leafy vegetables
- Sweet potato
- Cabbage and cauliflower
- Egg yolks
- Multigrain biscuits
- Curd, cream, butter, mayonnaise, margarine, and ghee
- Fish, mutton, and red, etc
- Table salt
- Artificial drinks like diet coke, juices, and soups, etc
- Whole milk, flavoured milk, and soya-milk
Lifestyle changes that we suggest to the kidney infection patient:
- Keep control of your blood sugar and pressure.
- Practice yoga and meditation to cure health ailments like obesity, thyroid, depression, high cholesterol level, anxiety, etc.
- Avoid consuming certain allopathic medications that pressurize your kidney.
- If you have high creatinine or protein level in your blood, then consult healthcare provider because it can be a sign of kidney disease.
- Follow diet chart for kidney patients, instead of eating anything that could harm your already damaged kidney.
- If you have a weakness, nausea, poor appetite, UTI, high uric acid, dry or itchy skin, kidney pain, abdomen pain, back pain, severe headache, and any other kidney symptoms. Then consult a doctor for Ayurvedic treatment.
- Opt for Ayurvedic treatment, instead of going for painful procedures like dialysis or renal replacement therapy. Ayurvedic medications are made up of natural herbs that not only revive the damaged kidney but also cleanse accumulated wastes from your body.
- Do not use canned, processed, frozen or artificial food products that not only harm your physical health but also cause your conscious or subconscious mind.
Kidney pain v/s Back pain:
At times, when you are infected we may suffer pain because of the kidney infection. It can be said that you are suffering from kidney pain. You will feel the pain at your lower back and the abdominal area. But how would you know that it is not normal back pain but is kidney pain?
Kidney pain and back pain can be distinguished as the kidney pain can be felt deeper, like from within the rib cage whereas back pain can be felt in the muscles. Back pain usually feels like the pain in injury but kidney pain will kill you from the inside.
|Kidney Pain||Back Pain|
|Kidney pain felt like stabbing from the inside under the rib cage.||Back pain can be felt in the muscles and will be painful but not like stabbing.|
|Common causes of kidney pain are kidney infections, urinary tract infection, kidney stones etc.||Back pain can be caused by bad sitting posture, surgical pain, acidity etc.|
|It requires a proper diagnosis and specific treatment.||It may or may not require diagnosis and can be treated by applying an ice pack and performing exercises.|