Kidneys are the two very significant organs of the human body. With the shape of beans and size of four to five inches, this organ efficiently takes care of the whole body without any break. If this organ will stop in rest, many of the organs of the body will get majorly affected. Kidneys perform major functions inclusive of electrolyte balance, fluid balance, and blood purification. The basic functioning unit of the kidneys is known as nephrons.
It is a very thin layer of filter that can be easily affected by various outer threats such as some infections, cysts, etc. Any damage to these nephrons depicts the kidneys’ illness. It is very important to treat the ill kidneys as soon as possible. It is in an attempt to prevent the progression of any disease thus taking place in the organ. In this blog, different tests and treatments that are used for the diagnosis and prevention of disease are explained. However, we will read how Ayurvedic kidney treatment is effective than any other treatment method.
Despite the nature of treatment, kidney tests are useful in every method. These kidney tests help in understanding the working of the kidneys. The level of creatinine in the blood, urea in blood, and many other factors are testified to determine the treatment and medicines. This also tells about the damage done to the kidneys. Mentioned below are some majorly used tests for kidneys damage.
- Albumin to creatinine ratio (ACR) – This test indicates the elevated protein in urine. This test is performed on a urine sample. The formula to calculate ACR is albumin concentration (mg)/ creatinine concentration (grams). The urine sample collected 24 hours before the test is referred to as the gold standard.
- Glomerular filtration rate (GFR) – This test tells how well a kidney is working. Particularly, the amount of blood passing through glomeruli every minute is estimated with the help of this test. This test requires a blood sample that helps to know the level of creatinine in the blood. The creatinine level thus combined with several other factors to calculate the GFR. Factors required for the formulation of GFR include age, ethnicity, gender, weight, height, and blood creatinine measurement. Ayurvedic kidney treatment considers this test and several other tests to decide the treatments and the medicines.
- Kidney ultrasound – This test is also known as a renal ultrasound. Ultrasound waves are used to perform this test, which produces an image of the kidneys. These images become helpful in the evaluation of the size, location, and shape of the kidneys. It also includes the bladder. This image directly helps the doctor to see the kidneys’ condition.
- Kidney biopsy – This procedure requires a small piece of kidneys tissues, which is examined under a microscope. This test assists in the evaluation of the presence of blood in the urine.
- Urine and blood culture – This test tells about the intruder agents such as bacteria, pathogens, and yeast in the blood and urine. A positive result of this test indicates the presence of pathogens in blood and urine.
- Urinalysis – As the name suggests, this test is performed to analyze the urine condition. This is done in order to detect UTIs, diabetes, and kidney disease. The result is evolved on the basis of content, concentration, and appearance of the urine. Considering urinalysis in Ayurvedic kidney treatment can help the doctors to analyze the condition and provide the patient with herbs, which are natural diuretics.
- Magnetic resonance imaging – This test uses strong magnetic fields, radio waves, and magnetic field gradients to produce pictures of the kidneys and other organs of the body.
- Ureteroscopy – This examination is performed to read the condition of the upper urinary tract. This is done with the help of a tool called ureteroscope. This is directly passed into the ureter through the bladder and the urethra.
- Computed tomography scan (CT scan) – Many computer-processed X-ray measurement is used in this test to produce images of the organ from different angles.
Even Ayurvedic kidney treatment considers these tests before initiating the medicines. Now, let us study the kidney treatment methods adopted worldwide.
Kidney treatment methods
After knowing the condition, how well or worst a kidney is doing, the second step is to decide what treatment suits the best to the severity of the disease and to the physical condition of the patient. When it comes to the treatment of damaged kidneys, the two widely known treatment methods by people are dialysis and kidney transplant. However, these two methods also do not show the desired results many a time and even make the condition worse. Sometimes a person may die of the severity of the disease. Given below are some of the treatment methods for kidney disease that promises good results.
- Lithotripsy – Litho means stones and tripsy means to break. The hard masses in kidneys such as stones, gallstones, and bezoars are destroyed physically in this medical process.
- Dialysis – This is the process of removal of excess solutes, water, and toxins from the blood with the help of an artificial machine called a dialyzer. This process is also known as renal replacement therapy as the dialysis machine performs the function of kidneys.
- Kidney transplant – This is a medical surgery in which the failed kidneys of a person is replaced with the new one. The new kidney can be obtained from a donor, deceased or alive.
- Antibiotics – This is an antimicrobial substance that fights against the bad bacteria in our body and either kills or prevents the growth of the bacteria.
- Nephrectomy – This is a process of removing kidneys surgically. This treatment claims to treat many kidney diseases including kidney cancer. Moreover, this surgery is also performed to take out the healthy kidneys from the deceased donor.
- Nephrostomy – This is a process in which an artificial opening is made between the skin and the kidneys. This opening allows the direct diversion of urine from the upper urinary system.
However, Ayurvedic kidney treatment has proven its efficiency many times. Ayurvedic treatment is hundred percent natural and the medicines provided are organic. Without causing any side effects to the body, Ayurveda can treat any condition with superiority.
Ayurvedic kidney treatment
Ayurvedic treatment for kidney disease is a natural process of getting the functioning of kidneys back. There are certain renowned medicines available in Ayurveda for the treatment of a diseased kidney such as Punarnavadi Guggul, Haritaki, Gokshur (Tribulus Terrestris), Gokshuradi Guggulu, Chandraprabha Vati, Punarnavadi Qadha, and Daruharidra (Berberis aristata).
Ayurvedic kidney treatment focuses on the management of the underlying causes of the disease. Moreover, this treatment helps in the rejuvenation of the dead cell in the kidneys. The Ayurvedic treatment comprises of herbs, edibles, and physical fitness methods that provide the patients with relief on a spiritual and mental level. Ayurvedic medicines and the treatment methods are licensed and hence they are efficient and safe enough to treat the severity of any kidney disease. The medicines of Ayurveda are free from every sort of element that can cause harm to the body. Ayurvedic kidney treatment effectively reduces the frequency of dialysis. Moreover, this method of treatment assists the prevention of further weathering of the organ and its filtering unit. However, a good Ayurvedic kidney treatment is complemented by dietary changes. It requires the management of nutrients like carbohydrates, fats, fluids, protein, calories, sodium, potassium, and phosphorus.
Given below are the benefits of Ayurvedic treatment of kidney disease.
- This treatment can treat many conditions effectively along with kidneys diseases. For example urinary tract infections, urinary calculus, and micturition.
- It can efficiently treat diabetes.
- Ayurvedic treatment has the capability of effectively balancing the three dosas and assist the whole treatment of kidneys’ condition.
- Ayurvedic kidney treatment can also treat problems associated with the respiratory tract and other gynecological problems.