Introduction “Polycystic Kidney Disease”!
It is no big secret that polycystic kidney disease is a disease caused due to the fault in the genes. Cysts filled with fluid develop in the kidneys in PKD. The cysts of PKD are not as common as any other cysts. It can lead to the change in the shape of your kidneys. It may turn larger than its usual size. Polycystic kidney disease may lead to kidney failure, and it can also cause other problems like hypertension, liver cysts, and issues in the blood vessel of the heart and brain.
There is no such condition that PKD cannot be treated. If we educate ourselves enough about the causes of PKD, we can prevent the disease before it can cause significant damage to our kidneys. Unlike allopathy, Ayurvedic treatment for polycystic kidney disease is much reliable and for the long term.
Types of Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD)
Depending on the causes and other related factors, polycystic kidney disease can be classified into two different parts. These are-
1. Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease- It is a genetic disorder that comes in notice when the cysts in kidneys turn infinite in number. When we talk about kidney disease that is inherited, it is on the top. The symptoms of this type of PKD begin to develop in childhood but can be seen clearly in the age of 30 or 40. Some signs that confirm the presence of ADPKD in a human body are back pain, headaches, cysts in the liver, cysts in the pancreas, infections in the urinary tract, hypertension, stones in kidneys, abnormalities in heart valves, etc. It has been seen that around 90% of cases in PKD are ADPKD. Medical science believes that there is no treatment available for this type of disease. Treatment can only provide short term relief, and the chances of persistent medications are always there. But polycystic kidney disease ayurvedic treatment has done wonders for the patients. No matter which stage of PKD you are, you will always find relief through Ayurveda.
2. Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease- It is also caused when there are cysts in the kidneys. Cysts tend to grow in the liver along with kidneys. It is the result of flawed genes. It causes problems in the blood vessels present in the heart and brain. The seriousness of disease differs from one person to another. It is also known as infantile PKD, as the symptoms begin to develop before birth. This disease is also not similar in every human being because, in some people, the symptoms can develop later in childhood or adulthood. If a child has ADPKD from birth, then there are chances of kidney failure in him or her before being an adult. Polycystic kidney disease Ayurvedic treatment offers treatment for this type of kidney failure too.
Healthy lifestyle and diet for PKD
Certain health measures can help in the prevention of PKD. Let’s discuss in brief about it. Some healthy tips include-
- Doing regular exercises
- Maintaining a good and healthy weight
- Keeping ourselves hydrated
- Eliminating or limiting the intake of alcohol
- Quitting smoking
- Taking diet low in salt, sugar, and fat
A healthy diet in PKD helps in controlling our weight and reducing the risk related to cardiovascular disease and also blood pressure.
- Try eating fruit or vegetables, five portions a day.
- Keep the amount of salt, sugar, and fat low in your meal.
- Add protein-rich food in your diet — for example, beans, eggs, fish, etc.
- Eat dairy or dairy alternatives.
- Food rich in starch will be helpful.
Even the polycystic kidney disease ayurvedic treatment includes these healthy habits of eating and physical activities.
PKD and Ayurveda
Let us talk about polycystic kidney disease treatment in Ayurveda in detail. Ayurveda treats PKD from the cellular level at any stage of the disease. Ayurveda uses natural herbs and edibles that helps in treating the disease naturally. It helps in the detoxification of your body and make it free from the disease. Ayurveda uses natural elements and therapies to provide the patient with relief from the condition in the long run while all western medicine is solely heeded on treating the disease.
The after-effects of Ayurveda are also as beautiful as the name of the treatment itself. It will help you to get glowing skin and a lot of physical strength after the treatment. Herbs like Gokshura, Chicory, Varuna, Palash, Punnarnava are the treasure of Ayurveda when it comes to the treatment of any disease. The antioxidant quality and another effective side of these herbs make them ideal to use for the treatment of any kidney-related problems. These herbs slow down the development of cysts in the kidney and provide permanent relief.
The diet and other physical activity mentioned in Ayurveda helps in improving the mental health of the person suffering from kidney disease. It also helps in revitalizing the energy after the treatment is completed. There are no major side effects of Ayurveda.