In our previous blogs we discussed, Asthma causes, symptoms, and home remedies as per the ”Asthma ka Ayurvedic Upchar.” It is a chronic respiratory disease that affects multiple organs’ functioning, including the heart, lungs, liver, and kidneys. As the afflicted reaches different stages, the risks for renal and cardiovascular morbidities will progressively increase. The most prominent symptoms are feeble breathing, wheezing, unstoppable coughing, and chest pain. However, these symptoms have a different frequency at different stages. Being said that, we will now exactly discuss the same throughout this blog of the series “Asthma ka Ayurvedic Upchar.”
Asthma is becoming common these days because of different reasons that may include the causes of increasing environmental pollution, allergies, and smoking. The appearances of symptoms differ at each stage and have four classifications, such as:
- Mild persistent
- Moderate persistent
- Severe persistent
We discussed a little about these stages in our previous blog ‘10 remedies to Treat Asthma with Ayurvedic treatment.” And now, we will discuss the stages of Asthma and the permanent cure in Ayurveda.
A general overview of asthma stages is that it can be intermittent and persistent. The frequency of symptoms appearing occasionally falls in the intermittent category, and the others fall in the category of Persistent.
Now let us discuss the stages of Asthma along with the signs and symptoms of Asthma.
Stage One: Intermittent
It is a stage where the symptoms appear with the frequency of once in fifteen days and have the least severe type of Asthma. Following is the classification of this stage:
- At this stage, a person may wake up at night with a disturbed sleeping pattern or out of breath conditions.
- The severity of this stage is least, and so will not affect your day-to-day schedule.
- The respiratory disorders may not appear as frequently as they would in severe stages. However, the forced expiratory volume (FEV) would be between eighty percent and One hundred and twenty percent at this stage.
- At this stage, you don’t have to use an inhaler. Even if the allopathic doctors recommend so, it would be to prevent the respiratory system’s medical condition. But with the help of Ayurvedic asthma home remedies for adults discussed in our previous blogs will prevent the use of inhalers and other pills.
Stage two: Mild persistent
It is the second stage, and we can estimate that it will be one bar up in the graph of signs and symptoms of an asthma attack. At this stage, the frequency of symptoms will increase and may appear more than intermittent Asthma.
- If you have been getting up more than thrice at night in a month, then you are at the ”stage two: mild persistent” of Asthma.
- It will start to affect your day-to-day activities as mild effects.
- The inhalers’ usage is strictly recommended by the allopathic doctors but remembers once you have started with this activity, it will make you dependent. So, try to stay connected to the Asthma ka Ayurvedic Upchar. The forced expiratory volume (FEV) by this stage would be between sixty percent and seventy-nine percent. It means that the respiratory obstructions are gearing up to affect massively.
- It will also imply the fact that the symptoms will appear more than twice or thrice a month.
Stage Three: Moderate Persistent
It is a severe stage, and the signs and symptoms of Asthma would appear daily. They would be more frequent than the previous stages and will bring abnormal changes to the renal system. These changes can make you deal with the initial stages of kidney failure.
- By this stage, you will start to notice that your sleeping pattern is completely disturbed, and the appearance would be more than twice a week.
- The FEV (Forced Expiratory Volume) would be between forty percent and fifty-nine percent, indicating that the respiratory obstructions have started to affect human anatomy systems.
- You may also experience that the signs and symptoms of Asthma are severely affecting your regular activities.
- By this stage, your allopathic doctor will recommend you to use an inhaler regularly. However, the remedies stated in the previous blog will prevent from this stage when appropriately followed.
Stage Four: Severe Persistent
It is the last stage of Asthma, so you may understand its savouriness. It will make your condition worsen day by day and will make you experience the episodes of asthma attacks more often,
- The symptoms would appear daily.
- You will get up almost every day.
- The FEV would drop below forty percent, indicating the seriousness of Asthma.
- By this stage, the inhalers’ usage would be frequent, and it will make you dependent on it.
The respiratory disease is becoming common these days because of inter-related organ defects, pollution, poor food choices, and different types of allergies. All these may have a cure in the best Ayurvedic remedies for adults. The system of gas exchange involving specific organs in animals and plants is known as the respiratory system. Prana energy is a requirement for human anatomy that interconnects this exchange and healthy functioning of the airways. Air (oxygen) comes through the respiratory system gates with small particles and releases pre-existing air (carbon dioxide). For Ayurveda, the disorders seen in this particular system develop due to an imbalance in two energies, Kapha and Vatta.
In particular, respiratory system disorders result from Avalambaka Kapha dosha controlling the lungs, heart, and the entire respiratory system. It controls the flow of air in and out of the body. Any interruption in function can result in various diseases and disorders, such as bronchitis, pneumonia, COPD, Asthma, seasonal allergies, and acute kidney diseases. Ayurvedic experience ensures the healthy well-being of the said organs with an amalgamation of natural resources. Lifestyle and dietary modifications are the key features of Ayurveda to maintain overall health. Thankfully, the treatment of these diseases is in the hands of the Ayurvedacharyas, who insist on repairing the system’s basic properties. Ayurveda is a medicine that cures damage and diseases only with herbal medicines and physical activities like yoga and meditation.
Disclaimer:- The purpose of the content on this page is not to substitute any professional medical advice but to only provide information to the reader. If the reader is a kidney patient, we recommend not making any diet or routine changes without consulting his/her doctor or dietitian. For appointments, call at our 24×7 helpline: +91-9871712050 or visit www.karmaayurvedahospital.com