Gaining an extra pound makes us worried all the time that how it has entered into our system. On the other hand, some are worried because of the bloating that they encounter after having drinks and beverages. How many of us think of the causes genuinely and try to rectify the damage? Water retention or the concerns mentioned earlier have a direct relation with your dietary and lifestyle habits. People do realize that they are gaining a few extra pounds, and their clothes are getting tight day by day, but with the thinking that they must have eaten something wrong.
Did you know that the way you drink water also decides the perfect shape of your body? If not, then let us tell you that in this content. Most of us have heard from mothers and grandmothers that we should sit before sipping up a glass of water. ‘Paani Haddiyo Mein Jata Hai’
Well, that is partly true because the water travels down various organs. Ideally, the water should stay in for a while in the stomach and then go along with its processing. It is not the only reason why our bodies start to retain water. There are medically proven reasons, too, such as:
- Medications: Some allopathic medicines have a negative impact on health that allows the fluid retention. Generally, the medications are taken during/for Chemotherapy treatment, Over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, Blood pressure medications, and Antidepressant.
- Standing or sitting for too long: Gravity maintains blood in your lower extremities. Getting up and walking frequently is essential to maintain blood circulation. If you have a sedentary job, schedule a time to get up and move around.
- Menstrual problems: Changes in menstruation and hormone fluctuations.
- Pregnancy: A change in weight during pregnancy may cause the feet to retain water if you do not move around regularly.
- Overconsumption of sodium: Sodium helps the kidney to retain specific amounts of water for healthy functioning. However, excess sodium consumption can trigger the levels of water in the body.
- Weak heart: A weak heart that cannot pump blood well can cause the body to retain water.
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT): Leg inflammation can be caused by DVT, a clot in the vein.
- Flying in an airplane: Changes in cabin pressure and sitting for extended periods can cause water to accumulate in your body.
How would you know that your body is suffering from water retention?
The body gives signals in different ways, such as:
- Bloating, especially in the abdominal area.
- Waterlines on fingers and toes, just like when you step out of the water after a long.
- Stiff joints.
- Swollen legs, feet, and ankles.
- Puffiness of the abdomen, face, and hips.
- Weight fluctuations.
Now let us discuss the herbal remedies for water retention. Call it herbal remedies or Ayurvedic treatment for water retention, have the same cure for the betterment of the body. You will find these 5 extraordinary remedies to get rid of the bulging fat and cause of several diseases.
First: Increase your Vitamin B6 intake
Vitamin B6 helps with the formation of Red Blood Cells (RBCs) and other important functions of the body. According to the article published on the official website of the Health line, vitamin B6 has effectively cured the problem of water retention in a woman down with premenstrual syndrome. Food options for B6 are Bananas, Potatoes, Walnuts, and Meat.
Second: Quit having refined carbohydrates and sugars
Refined carbs have often resulted in irking the kidneys and the heart’s wellbeing. It is a well-known theory that consumption of refined carbs elevates sugar levels and decreases the insulin absorption powers. Such an event may result in diabetes or a related disorder in the future.
The presence of insulin in high amounts may also result in high amounts of sodium in the blood. Another related theory states that high sodium in the blood has often resulted in high blood pressure problems.
Food examples of refined carbs are processed sugars and grains (white sugar and all-purpose flour)
Third: Try everything that comes straight from dandelion
Dandelion is a natural ingredient that has provided the human body with numerous benefits. One of the widespread benefits is losing weight. However, the naturally existing diuretic properties have also helped in the treatment where there was a need for a reduction in the accumulated water in the body.
Consumption of dandelion tea has have helped in increasing urine production and releasing it through the urethra.
Fourth: Include more potassium to your diet
Potassium has been the best remedy to alienate the accumulation of water in the body. It flows in the blood and sends electrical signals to decrease sodium levels and increase urine production. It is beneficial for people dealing with heart diseases and the early stages of kidney diseases. However, it is advised to consume high amounts of potassium only with the dieticians’ consent, not otherwise. Food examples of potassium-rich foods are avocados, bananas, spinach, kale, tomatoes, etc.
Fifth: Reduce the consumption of salt
As we are frequently discussing that high sodium increases the risk of water retention in the body. As per the Ayurvedic treatment for water retention, high amounts of sodium have shown its result in bloating, swelling, and blood clotting and has shown adverse effects on the kidneys’ functioning.
So these were the ways out to combat the problems of water retention as per the ethics of water retention treatment in Ayurveda. However, we would suggest you discuss the same with your dietician before applying it to yourselves.
Disclaimer:- The purpose of the content on this page is not to substitute any professional medical advice but to only provide information to the reader. If the reader is a kidney patient, we recommend not making any diet or routine changes without consulting his/her doctor or dietitian. For appointments, call at our 24×7 helpline: +91-9871712050 or visit www.karmaayurvedahospital.com