Fundamentals of kidney failure
In general, kidney failure is a condition where kidneys become unfit for the filtration of blood and maintenance of other significant nutrients and water in the body. There are numerous crucial functions performed by these two bean-shaped organs. Blood purification, filtration of minerals in the blood, fluid balance, production of hormones which creates red blood cells, blood pressure regulation, and bone health management are the major functions of kidneys. When a kidney fails, there will be a huge loss to the body as these functions will face barrier and the condition of the body will become worse in no time. Factors responsible for the failure of kidneys are as follows-
- Overuse of drugs and medications
- Kidney infections
- Severe dehydration
- Acute kidney disease
- Chronic kidney disease
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Kidney stones
- Exposure to toxic air and smoke
A person may face a great loss of health and wealth during any such condition. In a situation like this, Ayurvedic treatment for kidney failure comes to the rescue because all the modern treatment methods cause the worsening of the kidneys and not the elimination of the disease.
In this blog, we will be reading about different benefits of tulsi and how tulsi helps in preventing kidney failure. Moreover, we will read about the Ayurvedic methods that can be adopted by a patient to overcome his disease associated with kidneys.
Tulsi as a sacred herb
We all are well informed about the significance of tulsi in Indian culture. It is known as the holy plant in the Hindu religion. Apart from this, tulsi has a renowned name in the ancient science of Ayurveda. Tulsi can be found in two different varieties, the green color and the purple-hued. This plant can be easily found in every Indian household for some entrenched reasons. Nature has hoarded numerous benefits in this herb. It is unbelievable how few tulsi leaves can cure ailments easily, strengthen immunity, and can fight various viral and bacterial infections. Essential oil prepared from the leaves of tulsi can treat disease very speedily, especially the problems associated with the respiratory system. The antioxidant quality of tulsi helps in getting rid of stress, high blood pressure, and diabetes. Moreover, the rich cleansing and purifying quality of tulsi help fight allergies and restrict pathogens to enter the body.
Tulsi benefits different organs that might share a connection with kidneys and diseases related to it. By curing these organs, tulsi provides relief to many kidney diseases directly or indirectly. Let us take a look at how tulsi helps in preventing kidney failure and facilitates other organs.
Tulsi for kidneys
Tulsi is said to be an excellent diuretic and a great detoxifier that benefits kidneys enormously. It helps in the reduction of uric acid in the blood as accumulated or excess of uric acid causes many problems to the kidneys and leads to conditions like kidney stones and kidney failure. Ayurvedic treatment for kidney failure highly recommends the use of tulsi because this herb is capable of cleaning toxins present in the kidneys and providing a great cure to it. The essential oil prepared from the tulsi leaves has acetic acid in it that helps in destroying the kidney stones. Moreover, the painkillers prepared from the leaves of tulsi helps in the reduction of any kind of pain caused due to different kidney disease.
Who doesn’t know, diabetes and high blood pressure are the two primary causes of kidney disease and majorly responsible for its failure. Tulsi fights against these two primary causes of kidney disease and provides relief to the patients. The active compounds of tulsi leaves are beneficial for lowering down the blood pressure and for its maintenance. The leaves of tulsi have antioxidants that produce caryophyllene, eugenol, and methyl eugenol. These substances come together to assist the pancreatic beta cells that reserves and releases insulin, to function properly and increases its sensitivity to insulin. This lowers the blood sugar and manages diabetes effectively. All these actions together help in direct or indirect kidney failure Ayurvedic treatment.
Other benefits of tulsi
- Tulsi can easily cure fever as it has antibiotic, fungicidal, anti-bacterial, and germicidal properties. Any fever caused by common infections can be cured by tulsi. People suffering from fever can boil few tulsi leaves in water with cardamom in a ratio of 1:0:3. This remedy benefits children exclusively.
- Kidney failure Ayurvedic treatment suggests that a person should quit smoking in order to prevent kidney diseases. Tulsi effectively helps in quitting smoking. It is rich in anti-stress compounds that help a person in fighting stress one may face while leaving the bad habit of smoking. A person with such a need can keep some leaves with him and can chew it whenever he feels the urge to smoke. Moreover, the damage caused to the kidneys and body due to smoking can be healed by the antioxidant property of tulsi.
- There come many situations when damage in the kidney can affect other organs of the body. Majorly the effects can be seen on the heart. Tulsi helps in the protection of the heart. Eugenol, a powerful anti-oxidant component of tulsi controls the blood pressure and brings down the cholesterol level, thus tulsi prevents any damage to the heart.
- Tulsi maintains cortisol, the stress hormones of the human body. The leaves of tulsi help in soothing the nerves and play a vital role in blood circulation. With all these properties of tulsi, stress can be relieved easily.
- Tulsi also works for the betterment of respiratory conditions. The immunomodulatory property of tulsi modulates the human immune system and many other properties together help in the reduction of cough and expulsion of phlegm from the chest. In addition, the anti-bacterial and anti-fungal property of tulsi prevents infection in the respiratory system.
- Oral cancers and breast cancers are other major issues affecting the lives of humans these days. The anti-carcinogenic and anti-oxidant quality of tulsi can beat any such cancer easily.
These common benefits of tulsi are connected with kidney failure treatment to some extent. Now we will read about some of the Ayurvedic methods for the treatment of kidney failure. We will be talking about certain measures that one can take to prevent kidney diseases.
Ayurvedic methods for the treatment of kidney failure
Ayurveda is the natural treatment method that comprises of different herbs, shrubs, edibles, moderate diet, and moderate physical activity or yoga. Ayurveda holds the capacity of treating any disease from the cellular level. It can eliminate all the causes and symptoms associated with a disease and it makes sure that no disease can come back. Whenever someone talks about kidney failure treatment in Ayurveda they indicate the herbal medicines with godly effects, herbs with superb medicinal quality and changes done in the routine and diet of the ill person. All these changes along with the herbs focus on the underlying causes of the disease and nurture the ill body in such a manner that it comes back to a healthy life all over again. Ayurveda is free from any side effect and rich with the belief of people. Here are the measures for the prevention of kidney disease.
- In order to prevent and eliminate the damages caused to the kidneys, it is necessary to monitor the blood pressure, body weight, sugar level in the blood, and level of cholesterol. In addition, Ayurveda suggests the elimination of smoking habits and alcohol consumption.
- Kidney treatment in Ayurveda strictly demands the restriction of sodium in food.
- Kidney patients should always keep themselves hydrated to prevent further damage.
- Cutting down on vigorous exercises is also very important otherwise it can lead to the elevation of creatinine in blood which is an obvious reason behind many kidney diseases.
- It is also important to regulate the consumption of three Ps in food if a person is suffering from kidney disease. These are potassium, phosphorus, and protein.
- One should also avoid fatty, fried, and oily food.
This blog was a quick note on the kidney failure treatment in Ayurveda. Moreover, herbs such as Punarnava, Ginseng, Chicory, Kaasni, and Gokshura are some of the well-known herbs for the treatment.
Contact our experts here, if you are looking for an Ayurvedic treatment for your ill kidneys.