Kidney disease is a condition wherein a tolerant has to be careful about many things. Be it diet, his/her lifestyle practices, and every guideline related to the treatment. Diet carries about 70% significance in the treatment.
Every kidney patient has a different condition. If a kidney patient is allowed to eat chicken, that does not mean another kidney patient can also eat chicken in the same amount. In this blog, we have piled up some vegetables that are kidney-friendly vegetables. These vegetables can be a part of the renal diet, but never add them without consulting a dietitian or your doctor.
Following are the vegetables for kidney patients-
- Cauliflower, the first vegetable suggested for the kidneys. Cauliflower is an excellent source of fiber and essential nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin K, and the B vitamin folate. You can use mashed cauliflowers instead of potatoes in your diet for a low potassium meal.
- The second is a White-bottle gourd. The white gourd is a good vegetable for kidneys because of its nutritious value. Moreover, it is low in fat and contains meager calories. A 100 g of bottle gourd carries only 1g of fat and 15 calories. Its low fat and high dietary fiber content make it the best vegetable option for the kidneys as it is easy to digest and helps cure constipation. Therefore, it reduces the pressure on the kidneys.
- Indian round gourd, popularly known as Tinda, in India. It is a water-rich vegetable that keeps you healthy and cool. Similar to Bottle gourd, it is easy to digest and high in fiber.
- To keep the kidneys healthy and disease-free, you are supposed to keep a check on your immune system and strengthen your immune system, and we suggest you snake gourds. Snake gourds help in detoxifying your body and help in reducing fever. They are considered suitable for your digestive system.
- Next is the Green pumpkin. This vegetable is counted amongst the most nutritious ones. High in Vitamin A and other minerals, this vegetable is useful to boost your immunity and keep the kidneys and other organs healthy. It is low in calories and high in water. This is also good for your eye-sight.
- Pointed Gourd. Pointed gourds are suggested as a good option for the kidneys. It is a good source of carbohydrates, vitamins A and C. this vegetable has multiple health benefits like it keeps your body hydrated and improves digestion. It also helps in curing constipation and control blood sugar, which is very important to keep the kidneys healthy. Pointed gourds purify your blood and help in treating flu and viruses.
- Like cauliflower, cabbage is good nutrition and vitamin C source and a healthy vegetable for the kidneys. They both belong to the same family. Cabbage improves your digestion, keeps your cholesterol in control, and can be incorporated into your diet in many ways. You can add cabbage to your diet to keep the kidneys healthy.
- Next, Red & Green capsicums. Capsicums are an excellent source of dietary fiber and vitamin C and A. Red capsicums contain more of these vitamins than the green capsicum and more beneficial for the kidneys. However, for diabetes patients, who are likely to get kidney diseases, green capsicums are more profitable for their less sugary content.
- One rich vitamin C source helps boost immunity and is still very low in calories and fats- Bitter Melon. Bitter melon is a very beneficial vegetable for the patients of diabetes too, and controlled blood sugar is beneficial for the kidneys.
- Radish: last but not least, radish is one of the most beneficial vegetables to keep the kidneys healthy and for kidney patients. Radish has the quality to wash away all the toxins gathered in the kidneys and blood. Its anti-oxidant properties make them a healthy addition to your diet.
So, these were the few healthy vegetables you should add to your diet to keep the kidneys healthy.
Moreover, we suggest, if you are a kidney patient, you should first consult with your doctor or dietician to make the best possible renal diet chart. Few dietary changes can bring remarkable results in your and your kidney’s health.
Disclaimer:- The purpose of the content on this page is not to substitute any professional medical advice but to only provide information to the reader. If the reader is a kidney patient, we recommend not making any diet or routine changes without consulting his/her doctor or dietitian. For appointments, call at our 24×7 helpline: +91-9871712050 or visit www.karmaayurvedahospital.com