For a fact, we are aware that the majority of the human body comprises of water (almost 70%). The significance of water in life is crucial to the extent that it is termed as life itself. In other words, water is life. It is necessary to keep ourselves hydrated because a lack of water in the body is the origin of innumerable diseases. Hydration is a sign of good health however many people do not intake enough water and end up getting various diseases. One of the very common complications of dehydration is kidney stones. This is why the health guidelines of kidney disease treatment in Ayurveda suggest the consumption of ample water so that such issues can be prevented. Read below some of the facts related to water consumption.
- The body of an adult is made up of 60% of water and our blood contains 90% of water.
- A newborn baby is around 78% of water.
- Lean tissues have more water than fatty tissues.
- In percentage, women body has less water in comparison to that of men.
- A person is free to consume as much quantity of water he can because the restriction comes only in rare conditions.
- The significance of water for the good health of the kidneys and the entire body is a proven fact.
- Your dehydrated body comes to the risk of various skin related disorders.
- Water helps in the process of weight loss.
How much water is recommended for good health?
How much water you need is solely dependent upon the amount of activity you perform daily, how much sweat you produce, and many other reasons like this. This is why the amount of water needed by the body every day varies from one person to another. A person is free to consume whatever amount he or she wants to consume. However, there is an ideal amount set so that proper care of the health of masses can be done and many other health issues could be evaluated depending upon the same. On average, a male body requires 3.7 liters of water every day and a male body requires 2.7 liters of water daily. However, this amount may change a lot when a person suffers from kidney diseases. The dietary guidelines of chronic kidney disease treatment in Ayurveda suggest that there should be a restriction on the consumption of water depending upon the stage of CKD as excess water can pressurize the organ.
Some amount of water from the mentioned amount is obtained from food; however, 80% should always be from the drinks. There are situations when the consumption of water becomes more important such as when you are suffering from fever when you find the weather hot when you have diarrhea or issues like frequent vomiting, and if you are sweating a lot.
Also, many issues related to kidneys generate signs like vomiting which in turn makes the body dehydrated. This is why the consumption of ample water is always a point to adhere to while undergoing kidney disease treatment in Ayurveda. There are a number of ways of getting sufficient fluid but it is always a smart choice to drink water as it is free from any sort of calorie, caffeine, and alcohol.
Reality check: It has been found in many researches that people drink less than the recommended amount of water.
Overall benefits of water for the human body
There are innumerable ways in which water is a boon to humankind. Treatment methods like chronic kidney disease treatment in Ayurveda believe that in consumption of water alone lies a solution to many problems. Here are some of the major health benefits of water:
- Water is very helpful in flushing the waste out of the body in different ways sweating, urine, and feces.
- Water is helpful for the digestive system and lets it perform the function smoothly. It helps in easy bowel movements and prevents issues like acidic stomach, digestive issues, and constipation which are the results of dehydration.
- Low consumption of water elevates the risk of ulcers in the mouth, stomach, and issues like heartburn.
- Water helps in the lubrication of joints and dehydration could generate many joints relates issues. Spine disks and cartilage holds 80% of water.
- It helps in the formation of saliva that assists digestion and also helps in keeping nose, mouth, and eyes moist.
- Water helps in the prevention of tooth decay and prevents any type of frictional damage.
- Water is responsible for the delivery of oxygen in the body.
- It helps in the regulation of body temperature and maintaining blood pressure.
- Water makes skin healthy and takes care of the spinal cord, brain, and other delicate tissues.
- It helps in the prevention of damage to the kidneys.
Water tips for your kidneys
The low consumption of water can lead to the damage of the kidneys in various ways such as chronic kidney disease. When CKD reaches a limit, it might also result in the failure of the kidneys. This is why it is suggested during chronic kidney disease treatment in Ayurveda to consume a good amount of water. Kidney disease treatment in Ayurveda says that if you have kidney failure then the less consumption of water is more. This is because of the inability of kidneys to excrete enough water out. There are conditions when the recommendation of the doctor is crucial for water consumption.
Moreover, water helps in the prevention of kidney stones and urinary tract infections. If the color of your urine is yellow then you are required to drink enough water for the good health of the kidneys.